“Different and Fun”

The Dodging Duck Brewhaus
Ranked #4 of 111 Restaurants in Boerne
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Dodging Duck Brewhaus is located in Boerne, Texas, in the Texas Hill Country. We have an eclectic menu of international and local favorites, from Thai Lettuce Wraps to Chimichurri Grilled Beef Tenderloin to Bratwurst & Sauerkraut. Best of all, we brew great beer! We've already won three gold and three silver medals at the World Beer Championships! Enjoy the ambience as well! Sit on our covered deck and watch the ducks play on the century-and-a-half old mill pond of Cibolo Creek, have an intimate dining experience in one of our lakehouse-style dining rooms, or sit at the wraparound bar and talk beer with the brewmaster (or talk Boerne with the locals)!
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We drove over to see the Cave With No Name in Boerne, Texas and wanted to eat afterwards. Fun menu with varied dishes. My husband's burger with avocado was amazing. I don't normally eat burgers but it looked wonderful and so I tried a bite. Very tender and tasty- scrumptious! The fried green tomatoes were pretty good. They have an extensive wine and beer selection and what looks like some great salads on the menu. I do not recommend the fish and chips. OK- so I am a cook myself and when I go out I want at least equal or better to my own cooking. I make much better beer battered fish. The beer battered fish was hard, not tender and the batter not very beer tasting. Served with just the usual French fries. Overall, in a small Texas town, this was good. Right across from the river park. I loved the native plantings, outdoor dining and using a home for a business.

There are newer reviews for The Dodging Duck Brewhaus

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Neat menu and great beer. Went there 7/4/2013. I had the sausage plate...really good particularly the potato salad which is more like a scooped out baked potato with seasonings. The big soft pretzel as a side was cool.

1  Thank GregTX23
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Had their burger which was pretty decent size with excellent flavor. Their handcrafted beers are very nicely done as well. I had their IPA which was very hoppy ( which it should be) and just full of flavor. Would definately recommend this place and well worth a short drive if in the area

Reviewed July 5, 2013

The front desk at our motel in San Antonio recommended a restaurant in Boerne with "Gretel" in the title. So, we drove out and they were closed, but the cleanup crew recommended the "Dodging Duck" down the street by saying that it was "pretty good". We were rather hungry, so we stopped in. Food was "dry" and service was to the extent that the server did get it on the table. The wife's chicken was so dry that she managed to eat half of it. My beef kabob was so dry that I managed to cut off a third of the meat that was burned black. I won't go back and would not recommend it.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Took my wife and mother to this place on a friends recommendation and was very glad that I did. I got my ducks in a row by ordering a beer flight. I enjoyed all of them even their IPA and I'm not much of a hop head but they were all done well.
I had the Mahi Mahi and really enjoyed it. Maybe it was the black bean salsa that really set it apart but I did enjoy.
This joint is right across from a statue of a duck and a sad story about its ultimate demise but seeing all of the actual ducks across the street and the friendly locals inside makes this place feel very welcoming.

Been to The Dodging Duck Brewhaus? Share your experiences!