“Why return?”

The Dodging Duck Brewhaus
Ranked #5 of 115 Restaurants in Boerne
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Dodging Duck Brewhaus is located in Boerne, Texas, in the Texas Hill Country. We have an eclectic menu of international and local favorites, from Thai Lettuce Wraps to Chimichurri Grilled Beef Tenderloin to Bratwurst & Sauerkraut. Best of all, we brew great beer! We've already won three gold and three silver medals at the World Beer Championships! Enjoy the ambience as well! Sit on our covered deck and watch the ducks play on the century-and-a-half old mill pond of Cibolo Creek, have an intimate dining experience in one of our lakehouse-style dining rooms, or sit at the wraparound bar and talk beer with the brewmaster (or talk Boerne with the locals)!
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I can't find a reason to return now that I've tried this place 4 times. I really wanted to join the ranks of Boerne locals who rave about it. But the food is mediocre at best, the service unrefined and the decor non-existant. There are many other fine options in this small but growing town. Go elsewhere.

1  Thank SAWriter

Reviewed April 9, 2011

Burgers and Lettuce Wraps are awesome. Service is always great. It isn't FAST FOOD but it is always a good time and when we go we are never in a hurry to leave. Dine outside if you can. Request to be waited on by Savannah.

Reviewed January 17, 2011

Food was pretty good but that's not why people go to a brewpub. There's good food all over Boerne. Of the four beers on special that day, only the Pumpkinhead Ale was decent - and that more because I was impressed how they pulled off its execution. Not something I'd ever buy. They also had a Vanilla Porter (a style that is surely a sin against humanity), an watery Belgian Orange, and an IPA with too much of the wrong hop (I think Simcoe). By comparison I bought a tasty Newcastle Brown Ale at the Exxon station round the corner. Why couldn't Dodging Duck just do a nice Pale Ale along with the experiments?

Reviewed June 26, 2009

I've had the bison burger the last 3 times I've been there, and each time it did not disappoint. The bread has alot to do with it, but I have to give some credit to the lean, unusual tasting bison meat. Wish they had some domestic beers for me to wash it down with instead of just their own supply, but it's not my restaurant so I'll take what I can get. Good view of River Road from their outside porch. The deck is neat too. Thanks for the good eats Dodging Duck!

Reviewed January 21, 2009

The Dodging Duck is a popular local brew pub but as a family restaurant it leaves much to be desired. The food is overpriced, service is VERY slow - even when the restaurant was nearly empty, our sandwiches & salads took 30 minutes. The staff is friendly but rarely seen and the food is mediocre at best. If you're looking for an inviting deck, a nice view, and a good brew, give them a try. If not, check out some of the other great options in Boerne. After four visits with similar results, we won't be back.

Been to The Dodging Duck Brewhaus? Share your experiences!