“Not impressed”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
San Antonio, Texas
“Not impressed”
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in to get some goodies this morning and we were ignored and skipped over by the counter workers. We used to love bear moon but the price to quality ratio is off. I am very upset with being ignored and not getting the quality we expect

3 Thank mfs387

Dallas, Texas
“Great breakfast buffet”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stopped at Bear Moon by chance, as we were looking for a pet friendly place to have breakfast on our way back from Lost Maples. We saw people on the patio with dogs, so we headed over. The menu was a bit foo-foo for me, so we opted for the breakfast buffet. it was really good! Everything that we tried was great - pancakes, French toast, biscuits, eggs, potatoes, hash browns, bacon, muffins, bread. We left with a full stomach. It was very busy on Sunday morning, so you may need to pack your patience.

• Visited July 2014
Boerne, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bear Moon Exposed”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Until this last week-end, I was one of Bear Moons' biggest fans; always visited at least once and sometimes twice a week. On Saturday mornings, I would purchase a kugelhopf and walnut tea cake and for less than $5.00, I was out the door. When company would come to town to visit us, Bear Moon was a must stop. I have always sung the praises about this little bakery.

Well, the days for me visiting Bear Moon and singing their praises are over. In the past, I have always thought the prices were a little steep, but because the product was so, so good, I did not mind paying for it.. I know that the Bear Moon owner has the right to increase prices, it's a free market, but to increase them almost 30% on a number of items in just one week, to me is unconscionable. How can you justify a kugelhopf and a piece of tea cake going from $2.25 to $2.90 each in one week? Also, a apple stix going from $1.25 to $1.99 in less than a year.....59% increase.

Also, the service...marginal at best....and it's a direct result of poor management.

Thankful, we have other bakeries in Boerne, that we can patronize.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank RJ B
belton,tx
“Yummy breakfast buffet”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

This place is pricey but the breakfast bufffet was scrumptous.service ok.the front area reminded me of a British bakery.

Connroe, TX
“Get the Breakfast Sandwich”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The breakfast sandwich is not your ordinary Egg McMuffin. It is unbelievably tasty. It's served on a delicious bread roll. It had black forest ham and another type ham, lettuce, tomato, egg, and a delicious jalapeno jelly. My wife and I both deemed it the best breakfast sandwich we have ever eaten. Try it!

Visited June 2014