“Very nice!”

Dining options: Breakfast
New Mexico
“Very nice!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Had a good breakfast here. Menu had many selections.The service was a little slow in all areas. Was popular with the locals. Atmosphere was nice. More spacious than it looks from the outside.

Visited October 2013

Groves, Texas
“great Sunday brunch”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

really good Sunday brunch large selection of food all hot and fresh service was great also higly recommend giving it a try

Visited October 2013
2 Thank PNG81
“Excellent”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic food and great service! Very friendly staff. Be sure to try the California Club and the fried okra! Yum!

Texas
“Above average experience.”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife and moved from the Boerne area last year and recently returned for a visit. Friends took us to The Main St. Cafe for brunch on Sunday. It was our first visit and brunch consisted of the usual fare of lunch and breakfast combinations and some interesting additions. I tried most of the offerings and sampled nothing that wasn't excellent. One of the dishes was "King Ranch Chicken" and I tried it for the first time. Had I started with that I would not have eaten anything else. Terrific.... The desserts were equally awesome and the word is that they will be launching a new bakery right next door very soon.
We will be going back to try their regular weekday menu and from the steady stream of people coming in I will be sure to go early.

• Visited September 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Wish it could be better”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I really wanted to like this restaurant because we really need more restaurant choices in Boerne. I have been to this Cafe three times however the food has never been good. I first thought we just ordered the wrong thing but then after several returns I haven't found the right thing. I have tried the Reuben, the Chicken Alfredo, the Pasta Salad, The Shrimp and Cheesy grits and the chocolate chip cookies.
The Reuben meat was dry and seemed overcooked and tough. I just ate around the sandwich.. The Alfredo one time was ok, the second time ok, the third time the sauce was orange brown and we left without eating it afraid something was wrong with it. The Pasta Salad tasted oily with no flavor to offset. The Shrimp and Cheesy grits is where we decided we were not coming back. The grits were watery and looked like instant grits. No seasoning. There were two pieces of square cheese on top. And, then some grilled onions with shrimp that was just pan fried. It was the weirdest dish I have ever seen and again, we just left and did not eat it. Couldn't do it.
Highlights, the chocolate chip cookies were fantastic. And service has always been good.
Maybe I will just stop and get a bag of cookies. Sorry, I hate writing poor reviews but I tried this place multiple times just hoping I was wrong. Again, menu looks good, however cooking not so good.

• Visited September 2013