“Good chain”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Lakehills
“Good chain”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I love Chili's. My only complaint is that they keep changing out their menu and eliminating my favorite items...lettuce wraps, Oriental chicken Salad...gone but not forgotten.

Visited July 2012

Ruidoso, New Mexico
“Great food!”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Great food, excellent service and good price. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful. We had a party of 4 adults and 4 children and the tab was very reasonable. I would visit there again.

Visited April 2012
USA
“Typical Chili's with great wait staff.”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We were taking a drive through the hill country west of San Antonio and was in the mood for Mexican food and this was the only place of that ilk that was open at this particular time. Granted, it is a chain restaurant, so we were expecting the usual Chili's fare, and as such were not terribly disappointed, nor overly impressed, but it did beat the fast food options that were available.

The place offers two seating areas. As you enter, on the left is the bar with the usual sporting events on TV and seating around a physical bar. On the right side there are a variety of tables and booths of various sizes and configurations to fit most groups. There are no TVs on this side so your guests will have to resort to actual conversation to pass the time.

We ordered the 2 for $20 special where you get a choice of 2 meals from a list and an appetizer for $20. I got the chicken fajita and my wife ordered the quesadilla explosion salad. Our appetizer was fried cheese. Along with an iced tea and tax, the total cost was $24.13 before tip. Overall the food was decent. The salad was tasty, the fajitas were ok and the fried cheese was typical. My one complaint that is apparently the universal trend at all restaurants that serve fajitas is that they prepare 6 tortillas worth of food and then proceed to give you 3 tortillas, which forces the patron to request another batch of tortillas, which the server graciously brings at no extra charge, and the meal passes pleasantly. I don't understand why they don't bring six at the beginning. I am not a mathematical genius, but I am quite sure that this amount of meat, sour cream, cheese and other bits will never fit into three tortillas (of the size provided) no matter how they are assembled. But that being said, I did receive the requested extra tortillas and lived happily ever after.

The wait staff were excellent. They were engaging, attentive and responded quickly to requests. They seemed to be mostly older high school/young college girls and I wish that their service and attitude were more the rule than the exception in other eating establishments!

• Visited April 2012
Houston, Texas
“Great location”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Esmerelda was her most excellent self as always! Service and food were great.

Visited February 2012
“Good food, not so good service.”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Food was great just like any other chilis but server showed no care for our needs . It seemed as it was our table was being avoided. Server Jeremy.

Been to Chili's Grill & Bar? Share your experiences!