“Not ready for prime time” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Texas
“Not ready for prime time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

This is a new place, and I usually allow some "slack" when a place first opens, but I'm having a hard time finding ANYTHING positive here. You place your order at the counter and then they bring the food to your table. The person at the counter had to take orders as well as deliver plates to tables, but it appeared that he was not in a hurry to do either task. We had to wait for several minutes to place our order, even 'tho there was only 1 person in front of us. The food was pretty mediocre as well. I had red beans and rice w/sausage. The beans had been cooked for so long that they were more like "bean paste". There were very few pieces of sausage in the order. Also had fried green tomatoes - which were soggy. The accompanying remolaude sauce was pretty good, however. Most everything is served on plastic trays, or in styrofoam cups - with plastic forks, etc. Another person in my party had fried shrimp and oysters. Said shrimp was OK, but oysters not too good. A bit overpriced for serving size. Finally, the entire cafe (inside) smells like a deep fryer. We ate outside on the patio, but just being inside for the lengthy ordering process permeated my clothes with the smell. This location used to be a sandwich shop, so it was probably not set up to vent the frying smell - this needs to be improved. In it's current state, I would not recommend this restaurant.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible tasteless food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

My family and I went to Dixie Street for lunch, we were the only people in the resturant. We orderded an appetizer and three meals. We waited thirty minuets for 8 " boiled" shrimp that I would have been embarrassed to serve anyone. The éetuffe I ordered smelled like the bottom of the ocean, and was slimey. I would never return to a resturant that would serve food like this to customers.

1 Thank Dad0224