“Good Food, Good Music, Family Friendly!”
Review of Boo Dawg's Backyard - CLOSED

Boo Dawg's Backyard
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Description: Family friendly restaurant serving Steaks, Burgers, Seafood and Specialties with a Cajun twist. Live music on the weekends and a large secure playground for the kids. Kids under 12 wear your sports uniform and get a FREE Kid's size milkshake.
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Went to Boo Dawgs for the celebration of a couple of buddies safe return from Afghanistan. We reserved the tables and ordered the food prior to leaving the house. The staff had the tables reserved and the food was ready for us when we walked in. There was some confusion, but there were about 25 different orders for them to sort out and to my surprise, everything was correct. The food was excellent and reasonably priced. Not only is there a playground for the kids, there are two half court basketball courts. It has been a while since I have heard live music this good. Being from a big city, I welcome this retreat to an excellent venue. We even heard Cicadas, crickets and almost hit two deer while driving back to the house. Be careful!

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Boo Dawg's is inside a steel building -- a small warehouse or a large workshop, for example. The decor is mixed, with some car inspired material, and large butcher-block tables. It's spacious, and the high ceiling lends to the airy atmosphere. You order cafeteria style -- you place your order at the register, collect a vibrating radio pager, and sit to wait.

I arrived around 330 on a Wednesday and there was no line. I ordered a burger combo, and it came up in about 10 minutes. It was a bit of a wait, but I was in no rush.

The burger was absolutely delicious. The cashier said that the burgers are hand-formed daily from pulled pork. All of the ingredients were fresh and absolutely delicious. I'd go back again and again if I lived in the area. All I could ask for is a bar or rail to sit at -- I went solo and ended up occupying a 6-top table near the window, which was a bit awkward.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Great food, kind of a Lousianna/ Texas thing. Great burgers.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Yesterday was Father's Day and our second visit to Boo Dawg's in Boerne. It is a fun place to take the family. The food has been good each time we have eaten there. Our grandson especially loves the milkshakes. Service was a little slow due to the size crowd but we did not mind the wait because it gave us quality time to visit. If you want fast food go somewhere else.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Very good burgers. Very friendly service. Not sure how organized they are as they called us twice for our milkshakes. Although they offered us the duplicate for free, we declined. They are decent shakes but the days of wanting more than one are behind us.