“Not Good”

Cuisines: Mexican
The Woodlands, Texas
“Not Good”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Did not have a good experience at this restaurant. The restaurant was nearly empty when we walked in around 5:00. It took forever for the waiter to take our order. The cashier took the order. Then it took forever for us to get the food. The food was run of the meal food. We got our drink order in to go cups. Should have read Trip Advisor before we went. We wouldn't have gone.

Visited July 2014

Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas
“Please read if you are the owners”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I've reviewed Magues before. I still like the food. I was surprised, however, to visit tonight (a Saturday night) and find the restaurant nearly empty. Our waiter this evening spoke very little English. Brought us the wrong beers, which we sent back. I ordered the mole enchiladas and got mole chicken instead. I ate it and it was good, but it wasn't what I ordered. I hope the owners read their reviews - this is Boerne, Texas and it is really important that the waiter speak/ understand ENGLISH. Moreover, the other employees in the restaurant (e.g., at the register) were not friendly at all tonight, even though we didn't complain about the screwup. Maybe that's why no one else was there.

I hope you fix this - I defended you before when others complained about your service, but tonight it was annoying. We like your food and will still come back. But others who have our experience may not.

Visited February 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“Food is awesome!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Whether you are sitting in or ordering to go, you can't go wrong with Magues. I love it. Every morning that I open up at work with my friend, we get Magues tacos. I love their salsa, and although their tacos could use more in them, you can just order an extra. I have had but one bad experience with this place even though I have eaten their multiple times and it simply came down to the person that took my order over the phone. They didn't understand my name so when I got to Magues, my food was ready but we, the girl at the register and myself, weren't aware because the name was wrong. So I waited and waited until she finally looked at an order behind the counter and checked that it was actually mine, with a name so far from my own we never would have known. She apologized multiple times for making me wait and was so kind. Every time I go in there, it is always packed so my suggestion is to either go before you're hungry, or if you have plenty of time to spend there.

• Visited December 2013
Boerne, Texas
“Duplicate Listing”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Duplicate listing. Do not review here. Magues Cafe is already listed with more reviews.Review at Magues Cafe. Duplicate restaurant listing. Duplicate listing.

Visited October 2013
Bristol, UK
“Worst Mexican Food We've Ever Found”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Well, we were actually recommended to go to Yolis Cocina, but when we walked in there, the most awful smell hit us and the menu handed to us was greasy, so we didn't stay (only one other table was occupied).

We went to Mague's instead, which was very busy and looked promising. Sadly it was an empty promise as the food we had was just not good. To be given a bowl of chips with a huge plastic squeezy bottle of 'pinkish' liquid plonked down beside it was very off putting.

Our entrees of quesadillas were nasty, we couldn't eat them. I ate some rice as I was so hungry, but my husband just couldn't face his.

The only positive thing about this restaurant was the serving staff, they were smiling and friendly but they were not given good quality food to serve! We bought cheese and biscuits to eat on the way back to our bed& breakfast!!

• Visited October 2013