“Better than expected!”

Crescent Quarters Inn
Ranked #9 of 11 Boerne B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We booked rooms here through a Groupon offer. It was charming and frankly a better room than expected! The reviews here gave me an inaccurate impression. The staff was very helpful especially given we changed our reservation three times! The garden room was quite lovely. Everything was updated, clean and its a romantic little spot! The location is perfect. My only complaint would be that the walls were alittle thin and the breakfast a little sparse. We ate breakfast at a local german place a half mile away by the park and loved the kolaches! We will be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the hill country room. It was clean and thoughtfully decorated with nice soap, shampoo, coffee maker, mini fridge and sitting area.

The room was on the second floor (as all the rooms are) with high ceilings and a spacious feel. It had windows on either side of the entry door right off the covered porch that didn't get much natural light.

We appreciated the simple breakfast of scrambled eggs, fruit, yogurt, etc... that was served each morning in the small community dining room.

We had a Groupon for 2 nights and stayed for a third at the standard rate - which was high.

We loved the location; an easy stroll to Boerne shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I haven't been to many B&B but my husband and I weren't not very pleased with our experience. The location is very easy to find but being in the historic district of Boerne, the parking was horrible. All the quaint shops made the location worth it but the room was very small. The bed wasnt comfortable AT ALL! The bed was only a full size,was lumpy and had scratchy blankets and pillows. I was disappointed in the breakfast choices-limited. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone-not for the price. I do have to say that the people that we were in contact with were pleasant and helpful.I will not be going back!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We booked rooms here through a Groupon offer. Had a little trouble getting the establishment to honor the Groupon, but it was quickly cleared up. Like previous reviewers, we really enjoyed their location, the cleanliness of the rooms, and the nice balcony to sit and relax on. Breakfast was continental (sparse), but there was a great coffee house/diner across the street. Lots of shopping within walking distance, and a lovely drive in several directions to get to the hill country experience. We stayed in the Plantation Room. Feel of the room was nice, king-size bed was a bit hard on my husband's back, but the room had all the conveniences we need. If we wanted to return to Boerne, and found another half-price offer, we would stay there, but I don't think it was worth full price.

Room Tip: Look at the pictures on the website. Bathroom sizes do differ. There is an elevator!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband and I go to Crescent Quarters every year and love it every time! It is very clean and we love to sit outside and eat the complimentary breakfast in the morning. No one is above you to make noise and you're right on the street so during the day all you have to do is walk downstairs and shop! And in the evening there are tons of nice restaurants to choose from and the town gets very quiet, so you can always get a good night sleep. Definitely a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Located above shops & a restaurant this hotel was a little like stepping into New Orleans with rooms decorated with NOLA themes. The N’Awlin’s Suite was roomy and the whirlpool tub was a delight. This room is located facing the main street in Boerne so there was traffic noise. The rocking chairs & swing outside the room were enjoyed. An included full breakfast was plentiful and the woman taking care of the buffet was very personable. The registration was a little strange since everything took place by e-mail (rooms have 'punch in code' door locks); the only hotel personnel we ever saw was the next morning - the lady serving breakfast, however, everything went smoothly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KathleenMcClaren
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We used a Groupon for a half priced stay to celebrate my birthday. I had selected one of the two suites (The Hell Country Suite) and we're not exactly sure what makes it a "suite" unless it's the double doors going into the very large bathroom area. It's basically a very good sized square room, and we knew what to expect decor wise from the pictures - pretty much like a boys bedroom that was put together by a mother.

The first thing we found was that while we had reserved the "Hill Country Suite" - the rooms all had numbers on them - not names. I asked one of the house keepers in the hallway where our room was (she spent 45 minutes on the upstairs railing shouting down a conversation to someone in the parking lot next door). I finally did see something on the conformation sheet that mentioned Room 201 - but most people will end up with the same confusion.

The room was just off the corner of the building, great balcony area where we sat and enjoyed a bottle of Texas wine before going to dinner. But keep in mind you view from the balcony is of a very busy main street - along with the fumes from the vehicles. Still it was nice to sit out in the rare cool weather.

The room had a comfortable king bed, a very small flat screen TV, an alarm clock that didn't work at all, one trash can (in the toilet) and no information about when breakfast would be available either in the room or posted outside the common area room where it would be. At any rate when we went to leave this morning the common room still had the same food items out we saw yesterday evening - and it didn't make us want to stay so we stopped for breakfast on the way home.

The rooms (at least ours) was EXTREMELY noisy. I sleep with ear plugs and I could still hear the cars out front - and my wife said she could hear the TV that was left on all night next door. Footsteps on the hallway/balcony outside the room sounded like they were inside.

No check in (you get a code for opening the door) and no check out was very convenient.

To park, if you didn't want to risk parking on the street, you had to go around the corner and through the Bank of America to get to the back of the building (which we were told) - not a hassle, just different.

All in all it was ok - but we'll try someplace else next time.

Room Tip: The two "suites" are on or just off the main drag and very noisy. I don't know if the...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple