“This hotel charges you for room 30 days in advance”

Crescent Quarters Inn
Ranked #9 of 11 Boerne B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 3, 2011

We have an annual Christmas trip for couples and we have stayed here for the last 5 yrs to view christmas parade from our balcony. We have been loyal clients even though the owner had in the confirmation he will charge our credit card 14 days in advance. We make our reservations 1 yr in advance. Well this year for our Dec 2011 Christmas trip our confirmation email came and owner decided to charge our credit card 30 DAYS IN ADVANCE!!! I Traveled all over and stayed in all types of places and no one has ever charged our credit card 30 days in advance not only that we were told that we would have assigned seating on balcony for parade. We have been loyal clients and have NEVER Stuck the owner out we have never cancelled or no showed on a reservation so am very disappointed that he did this. All four couples cancelled reservation and will be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2010
2  Thank Shabbychicpink
There are newer reviews for Crescent Quarters Inn

Reviewed September 21, 2011

We decided to stay here because it was in the downtown area and not off the busy interstate.
We were so glad we did as it was comfortable, spotless and unique. Although on the main street we did not hear any noise at night. There is no office here, you need to book on the web page or go to "The Christmas Shop" store down the street. The owner - Michael can be found here or someone at the store will help you.
There are a few restaurants in the area that you can walk to and several uniqe little stores. If you are looking for something different - try this place.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jfecho
Reviewed April 10, 2011

My husband and I came to spend one night away from the kids. Rented the N'Awlin's Room. Best choice by far..bigger patio than the other rooms, great breezes, rocking chairs and patio swing overlooking Main Street (neighbors came to visit on our patio), high ceilings,small fridge, jacuzzi tub, funky, but comfortable. We bring a 'white noise machine' to all hotels to minimize sound. Door code was on our emailed confirmation. (Those people who arrive without a confirmation have only themselves to blame if they can't get into their room!) Easy to find hotel above cute shops and restaurant, smack in the middle of town. No Management on site, but no problem. Coffee in room, fresh and hot breakfast down the hall. I'll be back!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank slagatravelers
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Aside from absent management available by phone or online this place was great. Themed rooms done very very well and right downtown in the center of things

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2010

This was a cute hotel that I found through a LivingSocial deal. The rooms are nicely sized and decorated well.

Unfortunately, I started out with problems before I even arrived. My confirmation didn't come until I had to call for it the day before leaving (the owner had copied my email incorrectly from the online confirmation form). The hotel doesn't issue room keys, your confirmation email contains a code that you use to get into the room. Then upon arrival, the room would not lock and since there's no management onsite, I had to call the number on the reservation confirmation. I got no answer and had to wait a good 45 minutes or so to receive a call back. Thankfully it was an easy fix. The onsite breakfast is only hot on the weekends - during the week it's frozen bagels and english muffins. The cleaning lady skipped our room one of the days we were here, so there were no fresh towels and our trash can (the only in the room) was overflowing. The walls are paper thin and you can hear everything - we had dogs staying in a room two doors down that barked all night long. Our last night here, we couldn't get back into the room after dinner, so I had to call the number again shortly after 9 pm. Turns out it's his mother's cell phone and after having to exchange phone numbers to the owners, I was made to feel that I was being an inconvenience. While the location is great (within walking distance of restaurants and shops), I probably won't be returning. With no management onsite and very short "office" hours (they do have a 24 messaging service), you can really get stuck should you run into any problems after hours.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
8  Thank tigergrrl2008
Reviewed December 13, 2010

The rooms at this hotel are eccentric, to say the least. We had the Blue Dog room and I have to admit that after a while, the dog really grew on me. In a good way. The location was perfect, right in the middle of Boerne, and there was plenty of parking.

There was no staff that I could see other than the cleaner. After you pay the full bill in advance they send you a confirmation code which also the code to unlock your room. This is good in that you just memorize the code and never have to worry about forgetting your key.

There is no hotel restaurant but there is so much good food in Boerne, who wants to eat hotel cooking? The Crystal Grille next door had foie gras on its starters menu. The room was comfortable, clean, and stayed warm when outside temps were in the 30s.

However. The walls between rooms must be made of paper. We could hear every word said on both sides of us. Someone fell asleep with the TV on two rooms down and I could hear every word of that. Our room was weged between night owls on one side and early risers on the other, so I got 4-5 hours sleep per night.

I'm going to check 'no' on recommending to a friend though I might recommend it if I they could deal with the lack of good sleep.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank BobLTex
Reviewed September 14, 2010

We stayed in the Shabby Chic room. It was fine and clean. Decor was a little over the top, but all Texas B&Bs seem to be too cutesy. One odd thing: a stuffed bird looking down on you from its perch on a column across from the bed. Not a huge issue; just a little weird. Another odd thing: the crazy shower water pressure. Usually I'm disappointed in hotels' lack of good pressure, but this was actually painful. The main problem was the noise bleeding through the floor or possibly the walls. Someone was playing classic rock loud enough for me to understand the words. Bring earplugs. The breakfast was really good: eggs, hashbrowns, sausage, pastry, fruit, etc.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple