“The absolute worst meal ever!”
Review of Spinelli Vistro

Spinelli Vistro
Ranked #80 of 106 Restaurants in Boerne
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: you have the B&B listed, but not the restaurant. I wanted to review the restaurant
Nutley, New Jersey
“The absolute worst meal ever!”
Reviewed February 21, 2011

Went there on a Sunday, there was a sign outside that stated they were open for lunch. Downstairs was closed due to a private party. Went upstairs, not a big deal until the waitress brought out a saucer containing a hamburger bun, and some clear liquid with dried green stuff . The first thing I said was to the waitress, why not some ciabatta bread or something comparable since there is an item on the menu that comes with ciabatta. She said someone else said that too, which I don't even think was an answer!
Ok so that clear liquid was tasteless, and when I said what the heck is this supposed to be, she said it's soybean oil and that's the only oil we use here. We should have definitely walked out at this point. We were starving! Ordered what claimed to be hamburger steak, but all we got were 2 thin hamburger patties with no taste, and some tasteless steamed veggies. No salt and pepper were anywhere to be found, the only saving grace was ketchup which we drowned our food in. If this chef wants to eat his food using soybean oil and nothing else, he should not try to foist it on the general public. I frankly can't imagine how the other dishes on the menu must taste. I'm telling everyone I know to stay away from this sham of a restaurant. No EVO on the menu, simply ridiculous, and this has nothing to do with continental cuisine. I would'nt take my dog to eat here!

Visited February 2011
2 Thank hawkeye0718

Georgetown, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Filet Mignon tasted like an inexpensive sirloin”
Reviewed January 1, 2011

The Filet Mignon tasted like an inexpensive sirloin.
Went to Spinelli's for New Year's Eve dinner and ordered the Filet Mignon with shrimp.
Ordered the filet medium rare but it was cooked closer to medium and it had to be the worst Filet that I have ever had - very little flavor and it did not exhibit the texture and consistency of a typical Filet Mignon cut. Very disappointing considering that this was a special evening for my wife and I. I am a long time tripadvisor (love tripadvisor) user but have not provided many reviews until this experience.

1 Thank Brad9999
“Spinelli's Vistro is my favorite sit-down...”
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Spinelli's Vistro is my favorite sit-down restaurant in Boerne. The food is always excellent, so every time I go I try something different! They have great pasta, salads, burgers, tilapia, almost anything you're looking for, even pizzas, and the dessert is to die for!! Vistro staff does a wonderful job, and has the experience to keep up : ) The Vistro is perfect for a romantic dinner too! The last time I was in there for dinner, my boyfriend and I witnessed a man proposing to the love of his life!! Anyway, I love the vistro, everything about it, so I thought I'd post here : ))

“Boerne vistro Is my favorite restaurant...”
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Boerne vistro Is my favorite restaurant of all time the chicken parmesan is my favorite dish it has a combination of Alfredo and marinara sauce and is oven baked creating a taste of excellence. the music creates a relaxing atmosphere and the service is always great. I recommend the vistro as a place to eat if you want good food great service and a calm antique atmosphere!

boerne
“Great inn and food”
Reviewed October 11, 2010

y family accompanied me on a business trip and we moved to this inn after leaving another one that was unclean and uncomfortable and what an oasis the HIE proved to be!

The room was clean - linens, bathroom, floor, window, mirrors, you name & it was clean.
There was no offensive artificial odor from air fresheners (aka air stinkers).
The beds were comfortable.
The breakfast included in the price was far superior to other "free" breakfasts. Aside from the usual cereal and breakfast breads there were hot eggs, omelettes, bacon, that even pleased my picky southern husband. cool.
The coffe was quite good with a variety of creamers to choose from.
It's conveniently located, near many restaurants and shopping centers. Boerne's antique shops and cafes are nearby, as are countless delicious Mexican restaurants. And if you must dine you can eat at the vistro great food too. a must GO

Been to Spinelli Vistro? Share your experiences!