“Wow - a must stop in Boerne”

Little Gretel Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 111 Restaurants in Boerne
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2011

The wife and I dropped off the kids Mid-Winter Camp at Camp Capers then turned to Boerne for some quiet relaxation. We stopped at the Little Gretal based on the TripAdvisor recommendation and my yearning for some German ethic food. What a great stop! The schnitzel was awesome! Inside decor was a little to "trendy" for my tastes but as long as they keep cooking, I'll quit looking.

1  Thank FatherRichard

Reviewed March 27, 2011

We had brunch there on Sunday AM.
The place was very noisy, and service was slow.
The food is quite pricey and just average.
Their omelet of the day is $13. It's basically a Denver Omelet.
We had the Dutchman's omelet. It's supposed to be a three egg omelet, but it seemed small and very flat. There was hardly any Gouda cheese in evidence.
We ordered the Wurst Kolache, and the Jalapeno Kolache. These will not knock your socks off, just average.
The Czech Kolache was the peach variety.
It looked like a Danish, but smaller with cake dough.
To conclude; if you enjoy a noisy place on Sunday morning, with average but overpriced food,
drop some breadcrumbs for Little Gretel.

1  Thank bobemac
Reviewed November 26, 2010

This food is wonderful, a great value and professional service. Chef Delaplane was given a great review in the San Antonio Express and we can see why this is a restaurant not to be missed.

Reviewed September 21, 2010

My husband and I stopped in on our way home from our retirement property in Bandera to have lunch this past Sunday 9/19/10 and was very SURPRISED. The eggs benedict were AWSOME, could have used a bit more canadian bacon but great just the same. The homestyle potatoes were PERFECT, the kolaches we got to go were homemade and reminded me of my grandmother's homemade yeast rolls. We can't wait to go back and have lunch and or dinner there. This restaurant is BY FAR BETTER than the Creek (YUK).

Reviewed August 18, 2010

The food is amazing, the prices are just right for the great food and great service we recieved. This was our 3-4 visit there and we are never dissapointed.

Been to Little Gretel Restaurant? Share your experiences!