“Nice hotel, but the staff doesn't match it...”

Hampton Inn and Suites Boerne
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Boerne
Upland, California
“Nice hotel, but the staff doesn't match it...”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I really like the look of this nice Hampton Inn. The lobby is very nice, and the rooms are good as well. There really is nothing bad I can say about the grounds of the hotel. They have an amazing pool for a hotel of this size and this far from downtown of a major tourist area. It has a faux waterfall and water sprays that make it very impressive and like their billboard states a "resort-like" pool. The pool area is also very nice with a fireplace and heaters. They have the Golf Channel. The internet isn't super fast, but for the most part is acceptable. The breakfast is standard Hampton. The business center was ok, but the computer was a little slow. The main problem was with the staff. I didn't have my room serviced by housekeeping on Wednesday. So on Thursday I had trash cans that were overflowing and needed to be thrown out. I called the front desk on Thursday morning and let them know that I needed to have my room serviced and to send the housekeeping staff to my room. I figured when I came back later that day my room would be fresh and clean. I was wrong. The room had not been serviced and housekeeping was nowhere to be found. I called the front desk again and the same guy from the morning was still there and said that housekeeping would be coming by in a few minutes. I waited for an hour, because I didn't want to be inpatient. They never came. I went down to the front desk this time, and there was a different guy there, who had just came in for the day. He tried to call the housekeepers, but they had left already, probably hours ago. He said that he could call them back to the hotel, but it would take a while. I told him that it wasn't worth all the trouble, becuase I just needed my trash thrown out. He offered me some plastic bags, but unfortunately, they weren't trash bags, just those generic retail bags that say "Thank You". He also fetched me some toilet paper. Unfortunately, I think this guys was the only staff member there, because it kinda seemed like he wanted to throw out my trash for me, but was unable to leave the front desk, because no one could cover him. That is just bad management, nothing against this guy. So I went to my room and filled these little bags with trash, then took them to the dumpster outside to throw them out. All this could have been avoided if the front desk guy in the morning had written down my room number and used the walkie-talkie to let the housekeeping staff to come to my room. Or the housekeeping staff could have not forgotten my room altogether. Either way, every other hotel can handle this, so what is up here? This is a nice hotel overall, however, and I will probably stay here again, becuase mistakes happen, but throwing out my own trash for over $100 a night, just isn't something for which I bargained. By the way, I was in room 402, so I attest that this is a good room. Also, the walls are pretty thin, so don't expect it to be really quiet.

Room Tip: Get a room that doesn't face the highway.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed March 1, 2012

My husband and I book marriage retreats into this Hampton Inn several times a year. We have found the hotel to be a great place for our retreats: the staff is very helpful and courteous; the rooms are comfortable, and the conference room facilities fit our needs perfectly.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank peppercorn_10
Mims, Florida, United States
Reviewed February 29, 2012

This hotel is more like a five star with all of the amenities one could ask for. The staff very very nice, the rooms are spacious and very nicely decorated. When you walk in the doors you feel like you are in Texas country. The lobby and sitting area with the painted mural and wall decorations add to the Texas feel, the fireplace and flooring add to the feel of being in the mountains and the breakfast was awesome. The morning breakfast staff was always there to make sure you had everything you needed and the cleanliness was above what you would expect in any hotel. The beds very comfortable, slept like I was at home. The property is very clean and the pool area with the water features was one that made you feel like you were in a five star resort. I would defiantly recommend staying here when traveling. I really enjoyed downtown Boerne with the little shops, Starbucks within walking distance and places to eat so you don't have to go far. The business center was very nice as was the gym, was able to get caught up on work related issues very quickly from their computer system. I give five stars for this Hotel. Looking forward to another visit here!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Spring, Texas
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I like Hampton Inns and try to stay in them when possible. We stayed for 3 nights and found this one was nice but nothing to set it above average. The staff was ok and the food, breakfast only, was the usual Hampton fair. The only unusual item was they slipped a note under the door at 11:00am saying they were going to change the carpet, as it turned out they meant clean, and all items needed to be off the floor. I have computers and other valuables in the room and did not want them in there. My wife had stayed in that morning or we would have never known. That was very short notice. It also appears that the bedding was not changed and floors were not vacuumed every day. For the price I might try another hotel the next time.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Waxahachie, Texas
Reviewed January 30, 2012

The title says it all... this is a quality, newer Hampton Inn in the town of Boerne, TX (NW of San Antonio) in the Texas Hill country. Great service, comfortable rooms, great morning amenities, and it looked like a great pool (didn't use since it was too cold).

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 26, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding and I have to say, it was a lovely hotel for the price. The breakfast was great, rooms nice and clean. It's near La Cantera so that was an added bonus to the trip.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jgal713
Mcleod, TX
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I have stayed here several times on business and the hotel is very nice. The lobby and breakfast are are spacious and nice. All employees are nice. They have a nice hot tub and pool area. The only real complaint i have is the speed of the internet. I only gave them a average rating for this reason. They have wireless in all rooms but I only get around .5Mbps which is pretty pitiful for today's needs. I know for general vacationers this is not a big deal but for us business travelers that must use VPN's and video conference this is pitiful.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Brandon P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boerne
Days Inn Boerne
#7 of 7 in Boerne
Motel 6 Boerne
#6 of 7 in Boerne
Northwest Side
Eilan Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Boerne? Share your experiences!