“Great Pool”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Boerne
London, United Kingdom
“Great Pool”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Our third time staying here (we come from England). Lovely staff on reception, fantastic resort type pool and only 40 minutes drive from San Antonio. Good buffet breakfast, enough to set you up for the day. Gym is adequate for a quick workout so all in all the Davis family are happy. Many thanks for a great week.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank cilcain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Texas
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Nice room, ordinary size, great pool, even an outdoor grill. Breakfast was two kinds of sausage, bacon, eggs, waffles, breads, pastries, muffins, cereal, fruit, coffees, teas, yogurts, and a USA Today.

On I 10, easy access to Boerne, and a Chili's close en po ugh to walk.

AARP discount.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Ladeelawyer
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed April 19, 2011

We stayed two nights for sightseeing. Hotel was spotless, quiet, very comfortable and visually pleasing. Staff were very accommodating, helping with information on local sites and anything we required. Tracy, the front desk manageress, quickly accommodated an extension to our stay and demonstrated a commitment to customer service and satisfaction. The hot breakfast was great and got us well started on our day. We even were offered a bag breakfast (breakfast on the go) for anyone who didn't have time to eat at the hotel! These people really want to please!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ted055
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed April 9, 2011

I was here for five nights the last part of March and first part of April. The hotel was average or above average in most categories that matter like cleanliness, friendliness, safety, and so on. I have no idea about the breakfast, fitness facilities, swimming pool, or business center. The property seems newer and with a little bit of a Hill Country theme (parking lot and a few other things). It is on the west I-10 service road a few blocks south of Highway 46/W Bandera Road. I say that because my GPS told me that it was somewhere it was not and it was not even close.

I really only have two gripes. First, the air conditioner in my room was very loud. When the compressor really kicked in (every few minutes like clockwork), it sounded like a diesel engine that had not had its air filter or oil changed in 250,000 miles. For those who struggle to correlate, it was very loud, especially while trying to sleep. I-10 was not quiet either. Second, and most important for this business traveler, the Internet was very, very, very slow. I could not connect and maintain a quality VPN and RDC piggyback with speeds barely faster than dial-up. The speeds are obviously capped, metered, throttled, or whatever you would like to call it. I tested speeds in my room and several public areas of the hotel at different times and the speeds (up/down) were almost identical. In the year 2011, this really is inexcusable. I indicated that this property did not have Free High Speed Internet, as it may have been free, but it was far from high speed.

To be fair, it was probably my dumb luck that I got the noisiest hotel A/C in the history of the world. Seriously! Not to mention, for those travelers that just need the Internet to check their webmail, find a restaurant, or plan a route somewhere, the Internet here should get them by just fine.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank TexasPro
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 2, 2011

My colleague and I stayed at this hotel in February of 2011 and our stay was a fabulous one. This hotel is by far the best hotel in Boerne because of service room size and location and the fact that the hotel is only 2 years old and it looks great. They have a very nice resort style pool that I have only seen in a very high end hotels. The breakfast was very fresh with a lot of choices from fresh fruit to freshly made waffles to eggs and yogurt and many more. Our stay was above the norm that we decided to stay here when we come back for our business meeting next month in San Antonio. It's a great town with a lot of local restaurant. We really enjoyed our stay. Thank you for a great hotel and staff.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Goldsteinone
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed October 1, 2010

This is a very nice hotel. I had a late check in after being on the road 12 hours. The young lady at the front desk exceeded my expectations for a warm welcome. Especially so late at night. The room was excellent. Everything new, clean and top of the line. The room came with microwave, fridge, flat screen T.V., free wifi, etc. This hotel offers a very nice complimentary breakfast that includes eggs and breakfast meat. The pool area in back looks very comfortable. You could easily forget yourself and spend the day by the pool. Cabana, umbrellas, secluded. It was a pity I was there just one day. I don't know what the city of Boerne, TX has to offer but I would be willing to find out if I could stay at that hotel again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Mrdbake
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2010

We stayed here a second time having had a first great experience the first time the year before. Some of the staff had changed but nevertheless they were just as helpful and friendly as the previous year. We had not travellled from other cities in the USA but had flown from London to Houston and then driven to Boerne (some 5 hours!) That was how much we liked this hotel, it was worth the drive!! The rooms were up to 5 star standard and the breakfast was more than adequate for a family of picky children.
The children loved the pool and so did we, but then in the UK we are not used to having swimming pools due to the climate. Will definitely stay there again, despite it being a 10 hour flight and then 5 hour drive. We've already done it twice and already planning a third visit!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank cilcain
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boerne
Days Inn Boerne
#7 of 7 in Boerne
Motel 6 Boerne
#6 of 7 in Boerne
Northwest Side
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio The Dominion

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Boerne? Share your experiences!