“It can't be done better”

Hampton Inn and Suites Boerne
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Boerne
Winnipeg, Canada
“It can't be done better”
Reviewed April 19, 2011

We stayed two nights for sightseeing. Hotel was spotless, quiet, very comfortable and visually pleasing. Staff were very accommodating, helping with information on local sites and anything we required. Tracy, the front desk manageress, quickly accommodated an extension to our stay and demonstrated a commitment to customer service and satisfaction. The hot breakfast was great and got us well started on our day. We even were offered a bag breakfast (breakfast on the go) for anyone who didn't have time to eat at the hotel! These people really want to please!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ted055

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed April 9, 2011

I was here for five nights the last part of March and first part of April. The hotel was average or above average in most categories that matter like cleanliness, friendliness, safety, and so on. I have no idea about the breakfast, fitness facilities, swimming pool, or business center. The property seems newer and with a little bit of a Hill Country theme (parking lot and a few other things). It is on the west I-10 service road a few blocks south of Highway 46/W Bandera Road. I say that because my GPS told me that it was somewhere it was not and it was not even close.

I really only have two gripes. First, the air conditioner in my room was very loud. When the compressor really kicked in (every few minutes like clockwork), it sounded like a diesel engine that had not had its air filter or oil changed in 250,000 miles. For those who struggle to correlate, it was very loud, especially while trying to sleep. I-10 was not quiet either. Second, and most important for this business traveler, the Internet was very, very, very slow. I could not connect and maintain a quality VPN and RDC piggyback with speeds barely faster than dial-up. The speeds are obviously capped, metered, throttled, or whatever you would like to call it. I tested speeds in my room and several public areas of the hotel at different times and the speeds (up/down) were almost identical. In the year 2011, this really is inexcusable. I indicated that this property did not have Free High Speed Internet, as it may have been free, but it was far from high speed.

To be fair, it was probably my dumb luck that I got the noisiest hotel A/C in the history of the world. Seriously! Not to mention, for those travelers that just need the Internet to check their webmail, find a restaurant, or plan a route somewhere, the Internet here should get them by just fine.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank TexasPro
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 2, 2011

My colleague and I stayed at this hotel in February of 2011 and our stay was a fabulous one. This hotel is by far the best hotel in Boerne because of service room size and location and the fact that the hotel is only 2 years old and it looks great. They have a very nice resort style pool that I have only seen in a very high end hotels. The breakfast was very fresh with a lot of choices from fresh fruit to freshly made waffles to eggs and yogurt and many more. Our stay was above the norm that we decided to stay here when we come back for our business meeting next month in San Antonio. It's a great town with a lot of local restaurant. We really enjoyed our stay. Thank you for a great hotel and staff.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Goldsteinone
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed October 1, 2010

This is a very nice hotel. I had a late check in after being on the road 12 hours. The young lady at the front desk exceeded my expectations for a warm welcome. Especially so late at night. The room was excellent. Everything new, clean and top of the line. The room came with microwave, fridge, flat screen T.V., free wifi, etc. This hotel offers a very nice complimentary breakfast that includes eggs and breakfast meat. The pool area in back looks very comfortable. You could easily forget yourself and spend the day by the pool. Cabana, umbrellas, secluded. It was a pity I was there just one day. I don't know what the city of Boerne, TX has to offer but I would be willing to find out if I could stay at that hotel again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Mrdbake
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2010

We stayed here a second time having had a first great experience the first time the year before. Some of the staff had changed but nevertheless they were just as helpful and friendly as the previous year. We had not travellled from other cities in the USA but had flown from London to Houston and then driven to Boerne (some 5 hours!) That was how much we liked this hotel, it was worth the drive!! The rooms were up to 5 star standard and the breakfast was more than adequate for a family of picky children.
The children loved the pool and so did we, but then in the UK we are not used to having swimming pools due to the climate. Will definitely stay there again, despite it being a 10 hour flight and then 5 hour drive. We've already done it twice and already planning a third visit!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank cilcain
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 9, 2010

i stay at hamptons all around the country due to business. i will admit soemtimes it is leisure but mostly business. when i arrived at this particular hampton i was greeted by what seemed like the whole hotel at once and this continued throughout my stay. i had a wonderful nights sleep and when i came down to breakfast in the morning,to my surprise, There was more than enough food to feed an army and another smiling face to greet me . i asked a young lady at the front desk for some dinning advice and she sent me to a quaint little restaurant in town whos service mirrored that of the hotel. great hotel with great staff. Also the pool at this hampton is like no other i have ever seen. no exspence was spared when they designed the outdoor area!!! all around best experience i have ever had at a Hampton Inn in years. this is a must see for business or pleasure.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank livetotravel85
Houston
Reviewed July 12, 2010

After reading the glowing reviews, my wife and I decided to stay at the Hampton Inn with our two young boys (3 and 5) and my sister-in-law for a few days while visiting the local amusement parks. In sum, the room left a lot to be desired. First, the bathroom floor tile apparently came loose before our visis and the attempt to repair it looked like my 3-year old's art project. I'm not expecting "Holmes on Homes" quality repair, but this was ridiculous -- anyone could have cut themselves on the sharp edges or tripped on the shoddy repair work. Second, and worse, the a/c unit leaked so much water that the entire area near the window was soaked -- when I say "soaked", I mean "put-down-your-foot-and-water-covers-your-toes" soaked. When I informed the front desk of the issue, I was told that the maintenance guy would take care of it if he showed up (apparently, he is not the most reliable employee). Overall, the staff was nice and very helpful with things like restaurant recommendations and directions, but they really didn't make any active attempt to resolve our room issue or follow up. We were in the room only to sleep after spending all day at various theme parks, so we ended up dealing with it, but the lack of concern over the quality of the room was disappointing.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boerne
Days Inn Boerne
#7 of 7 in Boerne
Motel 6 Boerne
#6 of 7 in Boerne
Northwest Side
Eilan Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Boerne? Share your experiences!