“never again”
Review of Days Inn Boerne

Days Inn Boerne
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Boerne
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I visited Boerne a year ago and stayed at a newly remodeled Motel 6. They had no vacancy, during my most recent visit. So i decided to try out the Americas Best Value Inn. There is nothing resembling the BEST of anything here, perhaps the best of the worst and they do not provide any value for what you pay. They charged an exorbitant price, comparable to some pricier hotels. The rooms were old, the building was old and the staff was very hard to understand. They did have a hot breakfast though and had smoking rooms which the other hotels in town do not. I opted for a non-smoking room, but the room had a smoke odor. I smoke so it was not a problem. I will have to try other hotels in Boerne next time, if the motel 6 is not available, but will not stay at the americas best value inn again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
BoerneTexasInn, General Manager at Days Inn Boerne, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

I am very sorry that you felt that our hotel was the WORST. You are certainly entitled to your view. There are two issues I found in your comments. Our price was very high and you could not understand our front desk person. I have taken care of the second problem. My employee was nice but had trouble communicating properly with guests. He no longer works for us. You will find pleasant employees working at night now. As regards the price, perhaps we are only $3- 5 dollars more than Motel 6 but we provide 2 hot items in our breakfast and we have in room coffee. These benefits you may or may not find in Motel 6.

I request you not to write us off. I also urge you to check the prices in the surrounding hotels. I am sure you will find us very competetive and reasonable.

Again I am sorry that you were not very happy.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Picking hotels on a long journey, at random, is a hit or miss way to travel but that is what we are doing on this journey.

This property was $66 plus tax on 9-8-2013. The room was medium size with low end contemporary furnishings that were very comfortable. The bed was excellent for a weary traveler. The shower/tub had a dispenser unit for shampoo, conditioner and bath gel.

If you don't like the heads of dead animals hanging on the wall don't go beyond the front desk area in the lobby. I like them. The room beyond the front desk leads to the breakfast room. As you pass through this 'trophy room' you will see the mounted heads of deer, antelope, wild boar and others including a large full body turkey hanging on the walls. I loved it.

The breakfast room is adequate with standard fare. The guest laundry is in a breezeway. Nice.

The pool is very clean and there is a picnic shelter with a table, chairs and a bench.

On this Saturday night all was quiet. There is a Denny's, Whataburger, other eating places and a fuel station all within a quarter of a mile. Great views from this place on top of a hill.

Room Tip: Rooms on front side do face traffic.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rebjag

Your comments about our hotel lifted our hearts.It reinforced our mission that we provide a clean comfortable room at a reasonable price and we give value for your money. You have done a wonderful job of describing our hotel, much better than I could have done.

Please do visit us again. Thank you for your nice comments.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This hotel was not the fanciest, but it did have some nice things about it. The pool was nice and clean. The room is large, not small and cramped like most hotels. We had alot of extra room to move around the room and keep our luggage. The room included 2 queen beds, a mini fridge, microwave, a table & 2 chairs. And we still had plenty of room to spare. The restroom was average, but overall very clean. Breakfast was free, though items were not restocked once all gone. It had a great waffle maker that the kids loved. We would definately stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
BoerneTexasInn, Manager at Days Inn Boerne, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you for your nice complimentary comments. I am sorry that the breakfast items were not restocked when you were there. Next time please talk to the front desk and they will be happy to restock. Sometimes the front desk person gets busy checking out people and may not find time to restock. We always have plenty of food in our supply room/refrigerator.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

With the Internet reporting that there is a bed bug epidemic in the US right now it is always a concern when trying to find a motel that is not infested. I am happy to report that the room was clean and bed bug free and the bed was comfortable.The front desk clerk was super polite and respectful. I would recommend this motel if you need a place to stay in Boerne, TX.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I are not extremely picky about hotels when we know that we are basically going to sleep and shower there. We spurge at resorts but not when we have little intention of spending any time in the room or the venue. We had gone to visit children and a grandchild so we were gone all day and well into the evening. The price compared to the newer competition was excellent however the facility is very old. The room was "okay" clean but not spotless. The drapes covering the window were ancient and really barely made it across which was a problem in that the big window they were covering looked right out on the walkway and the parking lot and compromised privacy a bit. The bedspread and sheets were truly past their prime to put it nicely. The mattress however was very, very comfortable so it had been replaced. I caught a glance of the box spring. It was ancient. There was a "sweet" smell when you entered indicating to us that some kind of air freshener was used a lot to cover up what, we were not sure. The room was supposed to be a non-smoking room. Most people staying in Boerne are there for the river and outdoor attractions so guests might feel the same way we did which was a place to put your head at night and shower and change.
The hotel is extremely convenient being just off !-10 and very close to restaurants etc so it was easy to get around.
This was our biggest complaint and one that the staff could easily rectify for the next guest. Well part of this is easy and part of this is expensive. The wall A/C/heater unit under the big window might be as old as the structure. It was very noisy and pretty inefficient. We had a late check-in-about 8:30 on Friday night. The room was probably 90 degrees. (It was the 3rd weekend in central Texas-hot). It was much cooler outside than in. It had to have been 2 am before that room cooled to a "comfortable" level and that was probably 73-74 degrees. Someone else might think that was too warm but believe me, nothing like what is was in there until the middle of the night. We kinda felt like we were camping with no A/C for the first 6 hours. And, we don't do camping! The next morning we left a note on the unit to not turn it off during the day. We left it on low while we were gone. When we got back that night, it was on and we were fine. The staff, knowing they had a guarantee on that room, should have turned that unit on mid afternoon so the inefficient unit could start cooling that room.
When we returned that night, it was apparent that the cleaning staff had done the absolute minimum. The bed was made but the spread was turned down and they had not put the shams back on the bed. The sink was dirty. The towels which were very, very flimsy and old had not been replaced but both that had been used had been removed. So that next morning, we had one bath towel between us. Yes, we could have called for another but we were checking out and getting on the road so it was not worth it.
We were looking at possibly booking this chain for a football weekend in Manhattan, Ks in October, based on our experience at this one. America's Value Inn Corporate has a check mark system for rating their individual locations. The Boerne location had 4 check marks (the highest). The Manhattan location has 3. We will not be booking this chain for that October weekend.
We usually book short trip hotels online and usually for a pretty good price. I can't think of a time that we have been disappointed in the price or the property. This time we were. We will be traveling to Boerne several times a year and sometimes it will require a hotel depending upon how many family members are also coming. We will not be booking this one.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was the first time we have stayed in this named hotel. I was a little concerned because of the name, but was I surprised. The hotel is older but the rooms were very clean and the staff was so nice. There restaurant area was to open at 6AM, but as checking in I just said that I am usually up by 4:30 or 5 and he said no problem, I will have the coffee ready by 5 and he did. This hotel is located on I-10 so easy to get in and out of. GREAT PLACE

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed at the Americas Best Value Inn in Boerne, Texas from Mar 13 through the 17th of this year. Although the hotel is older, it was very clean and the hotel staff were very courteous and attentive. The hotel is located right off of I-10 and there are several restaurants, gas stations (next door) and a large HEB grocery store in the vacinity. My stay coincided with spring break so the area around San Antonio was booked and the hotel rates were high. I was surprised to find this hotel had rooms and that the rates were very affordable. My room was easily accessable, clean and comfortable. Each morning breakfast was provided next to the lobby with lots of seating and the food; waffles, oatmeal, cereal, danish/bagels, fruit, coffee and juice were fresh and presented in a clean well lit area. I didn't use the pool or exercise equipment so I can't comment on that. Overall I was pleased with my stay and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo