“No water for campers!”
Review of Cascade Caverns

Cascade Caverns
Ranked #4 of 36 things to do in Boerne
More attraction details
Owner description: Cave attraction near Boerne, Texas (30 miles Northwest of the Alamo in San Antonio, Texas).
Reviewed October 27, 2012

When camping in your rv and they have water the place is wonderful. When there is no water... which has become quit frequent... and the manager says it looks like it will be that way for awhile... the place is horrible!!!

3  Thank Dianna D
LBK63, Owner at Cascade Caverns, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Two of our water lines were vandalized by mischievous teenagers in late 2012. All water lines have since been repaired.

We have a private water system here at Cascade Cavern (we are out in the County). Consequently, we can't just call the City of Boerne and have them fixed overnight. Sometimes it takes a few days. We are at the mercy of overbooked plumbers!

All reviews
"cave trip"
"bats hanging"
"nice cave"

Reviewed October 21, 2012

The tour is anywhere between 30-45 minutes depending on how large your group is. The great thing about it is that since it is a cavern the temp inside is constant so on the disgustingly hot days it's cool in the cavern and on the rare cold days it's warm in the cavern. There's never really a bad time to go see the caverns. They are beautiful and a great trip to take kids on. I wuld definitely recommend it.

1  Thank Jessica T
Reviewed August 3, 2012

It's a little out of town, and a little hard to locate, but worth the trip. The caverns are a wonder to behold, but hesitate taking anyone that has a bad back, climbing many stairs at once, is claustriphobic, trouble balancing or is prone to slipping on wet rock, has trouble seeing in the dark, or is very tall. I have all these, was not forewarned, and thoroughly enjoyed the tour.

1  Thank disin_11
Reviewed July 7, 2012

My daughter took me with her two little ones to see this attraction. First of all the tour guide was a young kid who acted very immature giving us the tour. He showed the group a nest of daddy long legs. Well there were a few in the group including my two grand daughters who are not too spider friendly. He wouldn't back off when there were comments about it. I don't feel he gave enough information either on the caverns. It was a semi interesting cave.Wouldn't go back or suggest going to it.

1  Thank pmcelhinney
LBK63, Owner at Cascade Caverns, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Dear Mr. McElhinney-

Here are some things you should know about the current status of our cave attraction (and campground):

1) TripAdvisor rates us #2 out of 34 "Things to Do" in Boerne, TX.
2) Facebook rates us 4.5/5.0 stars.
3) Google rates us 4.5/5.0 stars.
4) Highest rated campground/RV park in the Boerne area (RVParkReviews.com and Good Sam)
5) Both bath houses (restrooms) renovated in 2008. Barn renovated in 2013. New Gift Shop / Rock shop renovated in 2017.
6) State-of-the-art LED lighting system in the cave.
7) Brand new handrails everywhere.
8) Rex has been renovated.
9) Waterfall is functioning.
10) Most amazing solution domes of the seven Texas show caves.
11) Second least expensive Texas show cave tour adult ticket price.

Please see our Wikipedia page for more fascinating facts and information.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Take your own flashlight! Don't wear sandals.

I went with a friend who is an amateur geologist and from out of state. I've lived in the area all my lived but never been. I've been to Longhorn Caverns and Inner Space and this was NOTHING like those two caves. I must say that since it is privately owned and not a state park nor a major tourist attraction it is very, VERY rustic which can make it quite charming to some and alarming to others. What you see above ground is disturbing compared to what you see below ground. The facilities above ground almost appear to have been abandoned 30 years ago. They are in much need of repair. The grounds are dry and grass needed mowing. It's pretty uncared for. I can't imagine why anyone would want to go there to camp.

Our tour guide was just a high school kid who wasn't well-informed about the history of the cave and how it was discovered. He could go through the script of the tour and point out all the significant rock formations. But when someone asked a specific question that got him off script, he just said, "I don't know, I'm not a scientist." This would be a great internship for a geology students--too bad with all the colleges and universities in the area.

But it was fun, and I must say it was a true Texas Hill Country experience. The things I saw in the cave can't be seen anywhere else, and pictures don't do it justice. You have to see it in person. I just wish I knew more about it. It's not for claustrophobic people, really tall people who have to stoop through parts of the cave, people who have bad knees or any type of mobility issues--lots of slippery steps and rickety railings and safety issues. Also not for kids who are afraid of the dark.

3  Thank janene30196

Dear Janene-

1) TripAdvisor rates us #2 out of 34 "Things to Do" in Boerne, TX.
2) Facebook rates us 4.5/5.0 stars.
3) Google rates us 4.5/5.0 stars.
6) State-of-the-art LED lighting system in the cave.
7) Brand new handrails everywhere.
8) Rex has been renovated.
9) Waterfall is functioning.
10) Most amazing solution domes of the seven Texas show caves.
11) Second least expensive Texas show cave tour adult ticket price.

Please see our Wikipedia page for more fascinating facts and information.