“Cascade Caverns”
Review of Cascade Caverns

Cascade Caverns
Ranked #2 of 34 things to do in Boerne
More attraction details
Owner description: Cave attraction near Boerne, Texas (30 miles Northwest of the Alamo in San Antonio, Texas).
Reviewed July 7, 2012

My daughter took me with her two little ones to see this attraction. First of all the tour guide was a young kid who acted very immature giving us the tour. He showed the group a nest of daddy long legs. Well there were a few in the group including my two grand daughters who are not too spider friendly. He wouldn't back off when there were comments about it. I don't feel he gave enough information either on the caverns. It was a semi interesting cave.Wouldn't go back or suggest going to it.

1  Thank pmcelhinney
There are newer reviews for Cascade Caverns

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Take your own flashlight! Don't wear sandals.

I went with a friend who is an amateur geologist and from out of state. I've lived in the area all my lived but never been. I've been to Longhorn Caverns and Inner Space and this was NOTHING like those two caves. I must say that since it is privately owned and not a state park nor a major tourist attraction it is very, VERY rustic which can make it quite charming to some and alarming to others. What you see above ground is disturbing compared to what you see below ground. The facilities above ground almost appear to have been abandoned 30 years ago. They are in much need of repair. The grounds are dry and grass needed mowing. It's pretty uncared for. I can't imagine why anyone would want to go there to camp.

Our tour guide was just a high school kid who wasn't well-informed about the history of the cave and how it was discovered. He could go through the script of the tour and point out all the significant rock formations. But when someone asked a specific question that got him off script, he just said, "I don't know, I'm not a scientist." This would be a great internship for a geology students--too bad with all the colleges and universities in the area.

But it was fun, and I must say it was a true Texas Hill Country experience. The things I saw in the cave can't be seen anywhere else, and pictures don't do it justice. You have to see it in person. I just wish I knew more about it. It's not for claustrophobic people, really tall people who have to stoop through parts of the cave, people who have bad knees or any type of mobility issues--lots of slippery steps and rickety railings and safety issues. Also not for kids who are afraid of the dark.

3  Thank janene30196
Reviewed July 4, 2012

The place is ok. Temperature inside the cave is around 70 degrees and very humid, you do not need a sweater. Wear running shoes. The ground is very slippery and steps are uneven. I recommend to bring a flashlight or you'll be missing most of the textures and surfaces which are very interesting. It gets annoying having to look down your steps because you don't see the whole thing. I wish they would have built a safe platform to walk on. I was hoping to take my parents, who are in their 70's, this summer to the cave but this will not be possible. I used a groupon so it was worth the price I paid for ( 2 for 1).

4  Thank j b
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Cascade Caverns is a "best kept secret" in the area. It's been TOTALLY renovated and improved the last several months, with great tours, sites, sports areas, a patio for parties, & new cool trails to explore, & nice people there. Camp spots for tents to RVs are level, with gravel, good facilities and VIEWS! With small deer, turkeys & other wildlife around. They also have "adventure tours" to go under the top cave or caverns with a guide. We will for sure recommend it to other campers & families with kids.

1  Thank samHouston_Texas
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Book reservations real early. The Guided tour is factual and fun

2  Thank Pollie G