“Hidden Gem”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bluff Dale
The Hideaway Ranch & Retreat
Stephenville, Texas
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

My wife and I recently discovered the Hideaway Ranch and were amazed by this place. We love the privacy and each cottage is unique to itself. You truly feel like you are the only ones on the ranch. My only complaint is that the hot tub temperatures are VERY VERY hot and they mention a "$100 fee" should you tamper with it a lot. It is a bit pricey but worth every penny.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank notyours

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Texas
Reviewed October 25, 2011

We've stayed at the Hideaway 3 times now and will be back in December. We've stayed in the Lone Star, the Chateau, and the Hacienda. I have to say that the Hacienda is my favorite, simply due to the spectacular view. Jason and Traci are the best and most hospitable hosts. The cabins are immaculate and I've never wanted for anything staying there. Hideaway is my sanctuary. My favorite time is at sunset the hot tub, watching the sun go down and the stars come out. Pure heaven.

Room Tip: All cabins are secluded. Hacienda has the best view but is only for couples.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank serialcrafter
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We found this place a few years ago. We took the kids one November when it was snowing. The cabin was so cute. Special time for my kids and husband. We left the busy daily lives, and slowed it down! I remember leaving with a smile feeling reconnected to the kids and my husband. Since then we have gone several times. Once just my husband and I. Very romantic. Hideaway is going to be a special place we will continue to stay every year. A must!

• Stayed May 2011
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Being from Houston this was a short drive and fantastic getaway for the whole family! The kids enjoyed hiking the endless trails, scavenger hunt, wagon ride, watching the horses, llamas, and longhorns roam the ranch...right up to the back porch of the cabin! The swimming hole was perfect for the hot afternoons and the kids loved shooting at the archery range. We stayed in the Yellastone cabin which was perfect for us and the room service from Hideout Cafe was excellent every time we ordered. Jason and Tracie did a great job accomodating our family and anything we needed. We definitely plan to comeback!

Room Tip: The Yellastone has one bedroom and a pullout couch in the living room. This accomodated our two you...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank OutdoorFamilyFun
Keller, Texas
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I found the Hideaway Ranch on the internet and because of the great reviews, I decided to book our family for a one night getaway. The Ranch more than exceeded our expectations! We stayed in the "Lonestar." The kids were in absolute awe when they saw the loft. Being from California and Illinois, we LOVED the Texas theme! It added so much to the ambience and experience of staying on a guest ranch. The Lonestar was perfect because the kids (all 4 of them) had their own private quarters, while we had our privacy. I posted our pictures on Facebook when we got back earlier today. People are already asking me where we went! Traci is SO sweet & wonderful and the ranch has so much to offer at a very reasonable cost that I am recommending the Hideaway Ranch and Retreat 100 percent!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank McMomma5
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed January 14, 2011

This was our fourth time at the Hideaway Ranch, our excitement started about two weeks before our trip, because of the great memories we had from past trips here. This time was better then ever!!! The weather was cold and wet, just what we wanted to really enjoy the hot tub. Nothing better than the cold and stars and a wonderful outdoor hot tub. The room is always great, our daughter had phoned ahead to Traci and she did everything Hannah had requested, what a Surprise!! We love how clean and quiet everything is. We have been coming once per year, but on the way home we agreed we have to start making it twice a year. It does us a great deal of good to get out of the city. This is the perfect place to come. Thanks so much for all your hard work to make our stay so nice. Matt and Barbara

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank msbreck
Texas
Reviewed January 5, 2011

We stayed in the Cimarron Cabin on 12/31/10 & 1/1/11. We have stayed here before and had a very nice experience and did not want for anything. This time was not that great. On our first night there I decided to take a shower and not even half way through my shower I completely ran out of hot water. I had to rinse off with ice cold water. We go to get into the Jacuzzi and find that the lights do not work which we were not at all happy with. The light above the shower did not work. There was a light bulb missing from the ceiling fan in the bedroom. We ran out of paper towels on 1/1/11 and went to get more and found that the cabin was not properly restocked with paper towels.The roll of paper towels that was left on the counter for our use was almost gone when we got there. The attention to detail that we received on our first stay was perfect, but this time it was over looked. I think at $159.00 a night ,attention to detail is a must. This was emailed to the owner(Traci) and her response to my wife was that she would talk to her cleaning crew and make sure they OVERstock the paper towels. Her comment back to us came across as rude. When you spend that kind of money, everything should be working in the cabin.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank McDaddy46
traci329, Owner at The Hideaway Ranch & Retreat, responded to this review, January 14, 2011
We are sorry to learn about this disappointed review and guest experience. Of course, we strive to make each guest's visit a wonderful experience. Had this couple discussed these problems with us during their stay, we would have gladly corrected them immediately. We are nothing but professional and friendly when responding to all emails. We use this information to improve our business and are saddened that someone left the ranch without enjoying the peace, quiet & tranquility (not to mention the view of beautiful paint horses & longhorns) available in the country. :)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bluff Dale
Country Woods Inn
#2 of 6 in Glen Rose
Granbury Gardens Bed And Breakfast
Dinosaur Trail Cabins and Cottages

Been to The Hideaway Ranch & Retreat? Share your experiences!