“Enjoyed it!”

Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Blanco
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Redbud Cafe is located just off IH 281, on the north side of the town square, right next door to Brieger Pottery, and directly across the street from the Old Blanco Courthouse. Our food is made fresh daily using premium products, local and organic whenever possible. We also use filtered water in everything we make.
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Went there to hear the band Zydeco Blanco. The place was packed. Loved the way the staff took it all in stride and were still very kind and efficient. Thumbs up on the Blanco Burger but my quiche was just O.K. Had wine and beer and a heck of a good time. This is a very comfortable feelin' place. We'll go there again when in Blanco.

1  Thank froglegs55

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Lively diner on the historic square with unoriginal menu and no wine. Older hippie crowd regulars with music venue and bad acoustics which make it impossible to hear. Probably better for lunch than dinner.

1  Thank E Y
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We just left The Redbud cafe. Two adults and 3 11 year old children. We read the trip advisor review and were expecting some really yummy homemade food. The menu was big and there were plenty of options for everyone. The prices were reasonable and the portions were good. We were disappointed with the overall taste of everything. Each item missed the mark. The cream of mushroom soup was watery not creamy at all. The potatoe salad although the flavor was fine it was so dry. Dry potatoe salad? The ham and cheese the girls ordered was dry I mean they ordered it dry but the bread seemed it had been sitting out all day. I mean dry! French dip was ok not worth mentioning.
I wish I could have written a better review because the potential for the meals was just not met. The RESTARAUNT is adorable!! The service was perfect. We did not have a pastry they looked good.
I will say it was better than more fast food which we ate too much of over the weekend.
I hope they improve the recipes because I really enjoyed the restaurant.

3  Thank Jca990
Reviewed October 14, 2013

You have to try the Reuben! their Coffee, oh, and their potato salad and don't miss dessert, heck try everything, its all good!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Located in downtown Blanco across from the old Court House, the Red Bud Cafe is a delightful place to have lunch with friends. There is a casual atmosphere, friendly waiters, and the food is good. The owners also own the pottery store next door and the are connected, so if you are waiting for friends to arrive, you can easily entertain yourself shopping there. Parking is fairly limited in front of the cafe, but there is additional parking around the town square. My friends and I ordered the Red Bud salad. It was crisp and very tasty. I added some chicken salad to mine which made it more filling. Their desserts looked wonderful; however, we didn't try them since we were all watching our waistlines! The tables in the Cafe are lined with bright, beautiful plastic table cloths which are available to purchase by the yard at the pottery store next door. The decor is simple but cute and very clean. You order at their counter, grab a drink or order one for them to prepare, pay for it, have a seat at your table, and your food is delivered to you. They clear your table when you are through eating.

After you have completed your meal, we left our cars parked and walked around the town square and frequented the quaint antique shops (which had beautiful old furniture) and boutiques. After we were through sightseeing, we ended up back at the Red Bud Cafe to have a cold drink before heading back home. They greeted us with open arms and were happy to see us again. I'm sorry we had to leave before the live music began. On certain nights of the week, they have live music to entertain their customers. You can check their website to find out who is scheduled that week.

Been to Redbud Cafe? Share your experiences!