“Good, fresh deli food, country atmosphere, & great craft beers”
Review of Redbud Cafe

Redbud Cafe
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Blanco
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Redbud Cafe is located just off IH 281, on the north side of the town square, right next door to Brieger Pottery, and directly across the street from the Old Blanco Courthouse. Our food is made fresh daily using premium products, local and organic whenever possible. We also use filtered water in everything we make.
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Visited w/my wife and had a delightful experience. Order at the counter from various specials and deli fresh sandwiches, salads, etc. Prices very reasonable for meals, drinks, and desserts. Friendly workers knowledgeable of the area and events and they keep clean tables in restaurant. Numerous craft beers are available. There is ample parking on town square. Clean restrooms are available. There is also interesting local artists work on the walls of the restaurant available for viewing and or purchase.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We came here on a Friday night while passing through town. They have live music and serve hamburgers on Fridays and Saturdays, so our timing was perfect to get the full experience. During the week, only foods like sandwiches and salads are served. You order and pay at the counter and the food is brought to your table when it’s ready. The people ahead of us were taking a while ordering, so one of the ladies working there came from behind the counter to take our order. She was very helpful answering our questions and explaining the menu options. We all ordered the hamburgers, and I had to try the lavender lemonade. They also have a good selection of local beers on tap, but I didn’t try them this time.

When our food came, we were all happy with our burgers. Burgers are served on Kaiser rolls rather than plain buns. Each burger was cooked perfectly to each person’s preferred level of doneness and was well seasoned. I had ordered fruit as my side and I was a little disappointed with the size of the portion compared with the sides everyone else got. The fruit was good, but I'd get a different side next time. I loved the lavender lemonade. It was not overly sweet like some lemonades can be, and the subtle taste of the lavender gave it a pleasant, distinctive taste. In the future, I just might stop here while passing through town, even if I‘m not hungry, just to get the lemonade again. Be sure to leave room for one of their cookies for dessert. They are delicious. We had one for dessert and got a few more for the road. I especially liked the molasses cookies.

The atmosphere is casual, and there were both couples and groups of friends that were obviously out for the evening and family groups. Nobody seemed out of place. The place really does function as both a coffee shop and a pub. It’s nice for both locals and tourists when a small town can have a place like this.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Have been here twice and both times the food has been excellent and the local beer on tap is good. They are known for lavender flavored tea and lemonade but it must be an acquired taste because we couldn't handle the tea and barely able to drink the tea. The locals liked it but few of the visitors! Nice collection of sandwiches both hot and cold to pick from and around six local beers on tap. Music is played live late on weekends. Nice hotel just north of here.

Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Nothing spectacular, but healthy and hearty food served with care. The setting on the square is picturesque but inside it is a simple dining room, clean and plain.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Have been going to this place since it opened several years ago and never disappointed in anything they cook or bake. I take my elderly mother there every week for a good meal and and her favorite chocolate decadence cookie. The owners and staff are always friendly. Fresh ingredients, mostly obtained from local growers, emphasize healthy foods. Great sandwiches, burgers (only dinner Fri & Sat), salads, soups, even quiche. Great local brews and fair wine selection as well. Also good coffee bar. Cafeteria style for ordering but food brought to you when ready. Only open till 3:30 on Mon.-Thurs. and closed Sunday. Added bonus on Fri. & Sat. is later hours, great burgers and live music and dancing. Building was originally a hardware store so expect casual, almost retro atmosphere; sidewalk tables outside as well.

1  Thank Gail B

Been to Redbud Cafe? Share your experiences!