“Second time around just as good!”
Review of Uptown Blanco Restaurant - CLOSED

Uptown Blanco Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Uptown Blanco is your one-stop entertainment and dining location in the heart of down-town Blanco.Our Restaurant has a wonderful menu, the Art Center is a great location to shop for local Hill Country crafts and our Courtyard is host to numerous events and weddings all year round.
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was my second time at the Uptown Blanco and my second experience was as good as the first! I thought my husband would enjoy the beautiful historic building as well as the delicious food...I was right, he loved it. Our waitress was attentive, knowledgeable, and friendly. The food was tasty, well-presented, and priced right. From start to finish, we enjoyed our visit to the Uptown Blanco and will definitely return.

1  Thank bluenorth11
There are newer reviews for Uptown Blanco Restaurant

Reviewed May 28, 2013

A small Texas town is not where I would generally expect to experience fine dining. Yet, fine dining is the only way to describe this restaurant, located in a historic building on the square in downtown Blanco, Texas. It is so consistently terrific that I make the trip to Blanco once or twice a month to dine at Uptown. From west Austin, the restaurant is about an hour drive along meandering country roads (Hwy 290, FM 165), a much more pleasant drive than the gut-wrenching hour it takes to drive through wretched traffic to restaurants in downtown Austin. The lunch menu includes traditional classics like Burgundy Beef Tips and Chicken Cordon Bleu. I nearly always order the incredible Citrus Baked Cod or Trout Almondine. The prices are very reasonable. The dining room is a historical treasure. The staff is great. The only thing lacking is an outdoor dining patio. I just hope there are enough people in Blanco and surrounding areas to sustain this fine establishment. It’s a keeper.

1  Thank MermaidWhirl
Reviewed May 18, 2013

There's a new place in town with an historic feel to it, right on the square in Blanco. It encompasses pretty much the entire west side when plans are finally completed. Uptown Blanco has a restaurant, ballroom and courtyard at this time. Plans are underway for a movie theater and a tavern also.

Our Miata Club stopped in for lunch after a run through the Hill Country. They were able to easily accommodate our large group in the rear room, looking at the historic old county jail. The prices on the menu are very reasonable. The onion rings are to die for. It was hard to choose from the great items on the menu. I had a salad with pecans, dried cranberries, goat cheese balls and a wonderful mango vinaigrette. It was a wonderful taste sensation. A friend said the club sandwich was ordinary. Another friend said the generous portion of trout was fabulous!

All who worked there were friendly and eager to please. While it has all the modern conveniences it shares a decor that is both stylish and historic. The front bathrooms are not to be missed in a black and white movie reel theme with a splash of bright orange soap bottles. After our meal we were treated to a tour of the old jail, courtyard, and koi pond. Some became quickly engaged in a game of croquet. There is a large gazebo also.

I would encourage everyone who lives in or passes through Blanco to take the time to stop in. I have every reason to believe that if you are planning a wedding reception or other event there, it will be carried out with excellence.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

My husband I went for a very special one year anniversary and were very excited about our dinner. However, the food was disappointing, over-priced for what we got and just average in both presentation and taste. To top it off, the server did not do anything special for us since we were there for a special occasion. Not even say, "Happy anniversary!" Needless to say, we will not be back.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We met some friends for the Sunday Brunch at Uptown Blanco a few days ago and it was worth the drive into town. They had a good selection of breads, salads, and main dishes. The omelets are large and cooked to order with a great selection of ingredients. The biscuits and gravy are a nice complement. Everyone raved about the loaded mashers. After that the prime rib and cobblers topped off an enjoyable meal. This is a great value for a low price.