“Dump”

Plaza Inn Big Spring
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Big Spring
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I don't usually bother to write reviews, but I felt that I owed it to my fellow citizens to warn them about this place. Big Spring is experiencing an oil boom. Most of the hotels in the area have responded by raising their rates. This hotel has the cheapest rates in town. They keep the rates low by failing to clean the rooms properly. They advertise a pool which has been out of service for over a year and has become a storage for junk. The room stinks of mildew, there was trash on the floor of my room along with dead bugs and funky black buildup in the corners of the bathroom floor. I am not picky- I only needed a place to sleep. It was difficult to sleep because the filthiness of the room haunted me throughout the night.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Candor555

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I had stopped across the interstate at another motel, it was priced too high.
The man there said I could find a cheaper motel across the road, but they had bed bugs.
So, I went to check it out for myself.
I asked the sweet lady behind the desk if I could look at the room first and she said sure.
The room was very nice and very clean. No bed bugs! So, I told her what her competition said.
She said that it had happened before, but that she never badmouthed him.
So, we chose to stay with her. We were very comfortable and had all that we required.
I will chose someone that does not use dirty tactics every time!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Kay B
Reviewed October 29, 2012

One word describes this place - nasty. It doesn't even earn one dot, but I had to put one to post this review. If it hadn't been midnight when we checked in, we would have demanded our money back and gotten the heck out of there. We booked two rooms at the last minute and they were both filthy, dirty, stained sheets and carpets, dirty bathrooms and smelly. My husband wore his flip flops because the carpet was so dirty. We stripped the blanket and bedspread off the bed and used the pillows and blankets we had in the car. The light in the bathroom had excretement smeared all over it. The counter girl apologized the next morning and said housekeeping would check the room, but I'm sure they were all the same - disgusting!

Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank kristinahensley559
Reviewed September 11, 2011

This is a place to sleep, could use upgrading and cleaned. Be prepared when you visit this part of Texas, as Midland and Odessa areas are always booked. This is the closest you will get within a 50 mile radius, if you do not have reservations.. Staff was more than cordial and aiming to please.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank mgwds1
Reviewed August 24, 2009

I came to West Texas this past weekend looking for memories. And I brought my dog along because she will let me drive her Cadillac if I bring her, but if I don't she makes me drive my old Buick instead.

When I got there your desk clerk named Monika worked hard to make me comfortable. She moved me because Shasta wanted to save me
from every passing customer, and she would not stop barking at them. Monika worked her fingers to the bone to make me comfortable, but I think she made a more lasting impression on Shasta with her tummy rub. I was very happy to be there, and usually I insist on staying with a name-brand I recognize.

Now that brings me to the cricket in the bed. I was amused with that. I haven't seen a cricket in years. I grew up in West Texas and crickets stink. Grasshoppers eat everything and I saw quite a few of them, but I was not ready for the homecoming I can only hope is there.

I noticed big fat healthy red ants all over the place, and I had to beleive my life-long little friend the Texas Horned Lizzard is somwhere around waiting for dinner.

Have you had any customers jumping for joy because you had red ants in the parking lot? Well, now you have..

Because where there are red ants there are also horned lizzards. And, I don't think there's a Texan alive that doesn't wish he would come back home. He only likes red ants, and he's starved to death in the most of the state.

And you had a feast going right underneath your sign.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2008

We stayed at this Motel last week. I would never stay there again. The bed was the worst we had ever slept on. The room was dirty. Yes, the place is old, but even an older place can be clean. The carpets were filthy and had that "carpet freshner" sprinkled on it to cover up any smells. The bathroom was very dirty. Urine was all over the lid as well as the bottom of the commode. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank jjmmwaco
Reviewed June 27, 2007

I stayed at this motel because it was the host hotel for my daughter's gymnastics meet at Big Spring. Upon check-in staff were friendly but slow in checking us in. When we finally made it to our rooms, the location was terrible as we were in the back buildind facing trash cans and fields. The noise was terrible as there is a Petro station right next door. The room was typical motel 6ish....if it had been remodeled I can only imagine what it looked like before. Carpets were quite dirty and my daughter's allergies were unbearable. Breakfast was typical continental and they had ran out of most items and it was just 8:30 am. We have another meet this year in Big Spring and I will not be staying here.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family