“Um, NO!”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #50 of 67 Restaurants in Big Spring
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Showed up Sunday evening, 3 families ahead of us waiting to be seated. About 7-10 tables with people set. ONE waitress! Again, just one! Needless to say we, and another group, left. Whoever owns this Denny's needs to be in it running it and that poor waitress, working alone on a Sunday evening, needs a bonus!

1  Thank Jennifer M

Reviewed March 8, 2014

While travelling through Texas today, we had the misfortune of going to Denny's in Big Spring, Texas.

We went in to the place stood at the Wait Station while several employees walked past us and did not look at us or say one word to us? Really felt welcome here! NOT We were finally seated and before we even sat down in the chair the server said What do you want to drink, never even had a menu at this point, didn't even have our coats off! Rude!!!

Did our order - Mine 2 eggs Over with an order of toast. Didn't think they could screw this up, but sure enough out comes the order 15 mins later, with two pieces of white bread, not toasted, with a dab of butter in the middle of each one together like a sandwich.

I called the server over and asked her about the bread not being toasted, she promptly replied " Oh our toaster is not working" Well the thought that went through my mind at that point, was Why did she not tell me that when I ordered toast????? I sent it back and received a refund. Worst thing was she did not even try to apologise for the food being so poor. It was the toasters fault and that was that....

It was cold today so I heard another customer ask about the heat, and they were promptly told that the system was not working and was like that now for three years.

While sitting waiting for our food, we could hear this other employee yelling from the counter area, Welcome to Denny's someone will be with you in a minute, she yelled this to the same customers standing there three different times. A cook in the kitchen who you could see and definitely hear was yelling out to the other staff people very loudly.

The restaurant was dirty and very well worn, worst restaurant ever in Texas.

1  Thank R T
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

DO not visit this place, I was very hungry and it was my best option to get some soup since it was cold and rainy so to replace jasons deli I went here and what a DISAPPOINTMENT.... The place is dirty and located next to a run down apartment complex which makes it look even worse, carpets looked very dirty and when I arrived I wanted something to go, the waitress was nice but it was only two people and they told me they have been very busy the last couple of days so they could only offer me LIMITED things from the menu, so they said,,,,,,,,,,,,WE ARE OUT OF THIS , this and that, no. Desserts no ice cream and soup ONLY CHICKEN NOODLE, I decided to order a cup to go and they have me a large cup with no plastic bag to take back to my hotel , I asked why no bag and they said,,,, it's better to put it on your cars cup holder and ride it is safer hahahah
When I got back to my hotel I got my soup and started to eat when I saw something that looked like a small bug, I kept on digging and more small bugs with flies started to come up to the surface...Grossssssss please do not eat here it is an embarrassment for Denny's to have this branch representing this chain of restaurants in this small crappy town ........

1  Thank bryanmantezoni
Reviewed January 15, 2014

When we arrived there were only a couple of tables available because there was not enough staff to bus them. There was one cook and two servers. I must say that our servers were very nice but it was so busy and things were not getting done. I did notice, however, that they each had time to go outside and take two smoking breaks while we were there. The management really needs to take a look at their staffing issues here.

1  Thank Karen J
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We enjoy Denny's but this one was a disaster; the waitress was unable to take care of her job folks sat un attended another gal was attempting to help? but seemed only to praise the gal who was unable to do her job. After waiting almost half an hour the other gal offered to take our order--how long would it take for the food since none had come out during our wait--we just got up and left. VERY DISAPPOINTED

1  Thank Gilbert K