“Great breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Our hotel was so enviting that we decided to sleep in and have a formal breakfast at Settles Grill. They have an interesting breakfast menu with Bananna Foster French Toast and a special Eggs Benedict with a cut of brisket and pepper gravy. It was a hard choice, but I had the Blueberry Gingerbread Pancakes with Vanilla Maple Syrup. I thought that I needed the blueberries for antioxident purposes. Our waitress was very friendly and the restaurant was restored to a very pleasant style that is functional during the day but could be transformed to something more eligant in the evening. When one is traveling, this place sure beats the hum-drum chain food.

1  Thank 98,502

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Stopped through on our way from Plano to Big Bend. Pleasantly surprised to find this in Big Spring - definitely the best place in town to eat. The chicken fried steak was the best I have eaten - get the gravy on the side, because it just does not need it. My daughter got the burger and DH got brisket sliders and both were quite tasty. Will definitely be back when passing through.

2  Thank Plano_TXTraveler
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We went to Settles Grill to celebrate a friend's birthday and we were pleasantly surprised to fine first rate food in a great setting. The old hotel has been restored with great attention to detail and the restaurant is very nicely done. The food was top-notch. Two of our party had chicken-fried steak and proclaimed the best they'd eaten; I had a beef tenderloin and it was perfectly cooked. I recommend the Texas Chop salad. Two of us had bread pudding for dessert and thought it was extraordinary; I had the chocolate torte and it was dark and rich. Service was excellent. We will be driving back to Big Spring from time-to-time to enjoy dinner at the Settles.

1  Thank WTexTraveler
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

I was in business in this middle of nowhere town and decided to stop here and try the lunch and here are my comments....
Plenty of free parking , great decor from 1940's, delicious passion tea yummy and exquisite salad with blue cheese dressing, great customer service and fast check out and delicious fries.

Warnings :

For the quantity of food it is definitely EXPENSIVE, small portions, dessert department sucks and the bread they serve was the size on my middle finger not good enough for a total bill of 30 dlls for lunch it was definitely over priced.

Visit here only in nothing else to do and willing to spend the unnecessary cash.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I have been lucky enough to eat at several highly rated restaurants around the world and I can tell you that this restaurant embodies all the qualities of these world class restaurants. My father attended his prom at the Settles Hotel back when the city was in the throws of an economic boom and he was thrilled to see the Settles redone in the style and grandeur that he remembered. When my father passed away a few weeks ago, I called to schedule a family lunch at the Settles Grill following his afternoon funeral. Upon learning of our recent loss, the staff reserved a private room and kept the restaurant open for us even though they had closed an hour earlier. The food was terrific and was served in record time by a wonderful hostess who understood how special this time was for us. I've only encountered this type of service at highly rated hotels and I only hope the standards the Settles has set for West Texas will encourage other businesses to breathe more life into the downtown area.