“Excellent Customer Service!”

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Big Spring
San Antonio, Texas
“Excellent Customer Service!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We chose this hotel because I could use my rewards night points for a room and it was on our route of travel. However, when trying to book a room with IHG rewards program, I ran into nothing but obstacles and had to wait far too long for a representative. Front desk agent, Ruby Austin, went above and beyond to insure that I was able to use my rewards points. She was persistent at getting a room booked for us. The front desk staff made us feel welcome. Kudos to Ruby Austin for making our stay a great experience at the Big Spring Holiday Inn Express! I would definitely stay at this hotel again if my travels took me to the area! The breakfast was great too!

• Stayed July 2013
Angie W, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Big Spring, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Michael G,
We would like to thank you, not only for your wonderful review of our hotel, but also your awesome comments about our front desk agent. Be sure that we shared this review with her, to show her how her great job performance does affect others in a positive way. We would love for you to come see us in the future; we look forward to serving you even better. Once again, thank you for your review, have a great day, and be safe in your travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Janice, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Clean rooms and plenty of extras. There are plenty of goodies like fresh cookies and packaged snacks. Free bottled water (even though it's not Coke brand). The breakfast is pretty good, but best of all it's free food. If you have to stay in Big Spring, your best option is Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Angie W, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Big Spring, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Garrett S,
Thank you for your recent review regarding HIE Big Spring. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delighful experience during your stay with us. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff's efforts and says "thank you". Your comments will be shared with the entire staff, as reinforcement to keep up their excellent customer service. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Have a great day.
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I thought that the staff working at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were also kept very clean and neat. The outdoor pool and spa were always kept clean, with a nice area to relax in the sun. They also always had bottles of water in the room and at the front desk which was wonderful because of the heat. The continental breakfast was also great, as well as the snacks offered at the front desk all day, every day. I had a very pleasant, relaxing stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Angie W, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Big Spring, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Hibbet,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am thrilled to hear that we are consistently delivering great guest service, and this review will be shared with the entire staff so they will know their efforts are being noticed! We look forward to serving you in the future, and you have a great day.
Marshall, TX
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for six months while working on a large construction project in the Big Spring area. The staff bent over backward to make me feel at home, take care of my every need and even brought me a to make me feel at home. Housekeeping kept my room immaculate, front desk took care of reservations, called in dining reservations, and knew my name by the second day. Ruby Austin on the front desk fantastic! Took care of laundry, baked pies and cookies, kept billing correct, checked to make sure I was ok after a long day and no effort was too great. Be sure to ask for her if there are any problems, she is an outstanding problem solver and very empathetic to guest concerns.

Room Tip: Rooms on South side quieter and darker at night.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank John Y
Dear John Y,
Thank you so much for taking time from your busy schedule to write a review of our property. During this energy boom, it is very important that we step up our guest service, and I'm happy to hear we are delivering guest service that exceeds your expectations. We look forward to serving you in the future, and you have a great day.
Lawton, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express sets the standard for all Holiday Inn Expresses. (Note: I'm a Platinum member so I've stayed at more than my fair share) Ruby (front desk cashier) always recognizes me and calls me by my first name, which only sets the tone for the entire stay. There's always free bottled water and pre-packaged snacks (Chip Ahoy cookies, Keebler Sandies, Cheez-its, etc.) at the front desk. And, Ruby always has freshed baked cookie awaiting when you return from a "day in the field". The work out room is slightly aged, and the treadmill was out of operation, but has a small "universal" type weight machine along with elliptical, stair stepper and stationary bike. The breakfast is complete with an excellent staff that keeps things filled. (Coffee, refrigerated items, plenty of fresh fruit varieties, etc.) This is ALWAYS my first choice in hotels when business brings me to this part of Texas. It's always a great stay!!

Room Tip: Rooms away from I-20 are quieter; however, the AC/Heater fan is more than capable of covering the no...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Angie W, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Big Spring, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Mark M,
Thank you for your awesome review of our property. We prize our loyal guests above all others, because we know you have a choice when it comes to lodging, yet you choose us whenever possible! Your review will be shared with all departments, since you have something wonderful to say about them all. We are beginning to update our Fitness Center, but this will take time, so bear with us. Have a great day, and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Burleson, Texas, USA
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Easy Access to the hotel. Rates were higher than we're used to paying for a Holiday Inn Express room, the adage "Location, Location, Location" must play a part in the pricing. No, we were not near a theme park or some as yet unknown feat of nature...unless you count the gas and oil wells all around (and windmill farms).
Booked the room online, only a 2 double bed room was available. We were not offered to upgrade or switch to a king or queen room (no availability?) as we were one couple. The flooring in the room had not been vacuumed, walked on chunks of dried dirt/mud. The bathroom was clean. It must be that the room (the whole hotel) has seen much use as everything was fine and good, but just not up to the standards HIE is used to having (Houston, Beaumont, Shreveport, Alexandria, Alpine).
Overall -- an adequate stay, but don't look for exceptional.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lynette L
Angie W, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Big Spring, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Lynette L,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our Hotel. Our prices do reflect the energy boom and the extremely high demand for lodging in this area, however, we pride ourselves on exceptional guest service. I do apologize for the untidiness of the carpet in your room on behalf of all staff here, and will make certain the appropriate department is made aware of this shortfall. We look forward to serving you in the future, and I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to live up to your ideal of the Holiday Inn brand. Thank you again for your time, and have a nice day.
Arlington, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have stayed in alot of places, None more frendly then the staff that run this Hotel. Thay are second to none. Thay are always ready to help, even if it comes to finding a room some where else. The Prices are very good for West Texas. The Breakfast is always fresh AND tasty. The rooms are always clean and well kept. Extra coffee and water are always on hand after 5.pm thay generly have fresh cookies, ( so good ) cant say enough good things about the people at the front desk. There are some VERY GOOD places to eat in Big Spring. one good thing to ask for is a room on the south side of the bulding. THANKS AGAIN to the staff up front.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Angie W, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Big Spring, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear SteveP,
Thank you for your excellent review of our property. Here at Holiday Inn Express Big Spring, we know how the energy "boom" and the inflated hotel prices in the area can negatively affect everyday travelers. It is very inspiring for all the staff at the hotel to hear such a positive review that covers every aspect of your stay. We look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you again and have a nice day.