“Very old property in need of updating.”
Review of West Texas Inn

West Texas Inn
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Big Spring
Texas
“Very old property in need of updating.”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We got there late, but the front desk was friendly. This property is in bad need of updating. Our air conditioner barely worked, but we were tired and it was ok for one night. Easy access to the interstate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GweninTX

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My 3 children and I stayed at this Motel 6 for 5 days after staying 1 night at a Motel 6 in Dallas. Maybe we were spoiled from the gorgeous room in Dallas but Big Spring was awful. The carpet was sticky and stained. There was mold around the toilet and shower and the floor in the bathroom was so sticky I didn't want to take my shoes off. Our door wouldn't close all the way unless you pushed really hard, so we had someone knock and the door pop open. The walls were very thin, we could hear the neighboring rooms radio. I think Motel 6 has great prices for a place to sleep, but for the length of the stay we had, I expected more.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Quite run down though clean. Could use a face lift.

Room Tip: cheaper than staying in Midland or Odessa
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Big Spring hotels

Reviewed March 2, 2012

Room is all run down and dirty. AC works miraculously but all broken and filthy. TV is old and and hard to set. It is very run down. Shower is a mess. The whole place needs renevation. However, WiFi is free and works well. Front desk clerk was new, inexperienced but very nice.

• Stayed March 2012
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I stayed at the Motel 6 in Big Spring, Texas for one night while on a road-trip. The room was your standard Motel 6 room and I must admit it was fairly clean. The bathroom was above average compared to other Motel 6s. My only complaint is that the walls were so thin, that we could hear everything that went on outside our room, including in the room next door. Therefore, neither I or my husband were able to sleep well.
Besides that, the location was very convenient, as we had easy access to the Interstate.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Big Spring, Texas
Reviewed January 30, 2012

WOW..what a dump! I've never stayed in such a run down motel. I wish I could have read the reviews before stopping here. I will say however that generally hotel 6's have clean rooms but this place is a joke. The bathroom has paint splatters all over the floor along with mold around the shower plus very "sticky" when walking on it and the toilet has rust stains all through it. Pillow cases have stains on them along with the sheets. This place obviously caters to construction workers (nothing wrong with this) however they like to drink and get very loud through out the motel. If you’re looking for a nice clean room and quietness...pass this dump up and spend the extra 20 bucks and stay at a descent hotel or motel, I would have been more comfortable sleeping in my car.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 231.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed September 21, 2011

First, I'm not a Motel 6 guy, period. But this was the only game in town and I was too tired to press on, so I took it, figuring I could sleep in the car if it was as bad as the other reviews.

It is NOT ! Room was clean-tidy-functional. Everything worked, bed seems new-ish, pillows good, linens freshly laundered. Internet is fast, A/C works well, as do Fridge, TV (70+ channels) and Micro.

Room is small, but by myself. Yes, there are only two towells, but I'll survive. My only gripe - no coffee maker, but for $50 that's okay. I'd stay here again in a pinch.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business