“Not up to even Motel 6 standards”
Review of West Texas Inn

West Texas Inn
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Big Spring
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Quite run down though clean. Could use a face lift.

Room Tip: cheaper than staying in Midland or Odessa
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 2, 2012

Room is all run down and dirty. AC works miraculously but all broken and filthy. TV is old and and hard to set. It is very run down. Shower is a mess. The whole place needs renevation. However, WiFi is free and works well. Front desk clerk was new, inexperienced but very nice.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I stayed at the Motel 6 in Big Spring, Texas for one night while on a road-trip. The room was your standard Motel 6 room and I must admit it was fairly clean. The bathroom was above average compared to other Motel 6s. My only complaint is that the walls were so thin, that we could hear everything that went on outside our room, including in the room next door. Therefore, neither I or my husband were able to sleep well.
Besides that, the location was very convenient, as we had easy access to the Interstate.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2012

WOW..what a dump! I've never stayed in such a run down motel. I wish I could have read the reviews before stopping here. I will say however that generally hotel 6's have clean rooms but this place is a joke. The bathroom has paint splatters all over the floor along with mold around the shower plus very "sticky" when walking on it and the toilet has rust stains all through it. Pillow cases have stains on them along with the sheets. This place obviously caters to construction workers (nothing wrong with this) however they like to drink and get very loud through out the motel. If you’re looking for a nice clean room and quietness...pass this dump up and spend the extra 20 bucks and stay at a descent hotel or motel, I would have been more comfortable sleeping in my car.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 231.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2011

First, I'm not a Motel 6 guy, period. But this was the only game in town and I was too tired to press on, so I took it, figuring I could sleep in the car if it was as bad as the other reviews.

It is NOT ! Room was clean-tidy-functional. Everything worked, bed seems new-ish, pillows good, linens freshly laundered. Internet is fast, A/C works well, as do Fridge, TV (70+ channels) and Micro.

Room is small, but by myself. Yes, there are only two towells, but I'll survive. My only gripe - no coffee maker, but for $50 that's okay. I'd stay here again in a pinch.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2011

It looks like this motel caters to construction workers, the room I checked out wasn't clean, old signs of bedbug poop, crumbs under the mattress cover and stains on the sheets. Several BBQ grills in the parking lot showed it was a permanent place for construction workers

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 2, 2009

Stayed at this motel for one night. Awoke to find roof shingles all over the parking lot and shingle scratches all over my car. Management was unwilling to pay for any damage. Offered to me instead, a free "2 night sleep". With such a great first stay, well how can I possibly resist such an offer!

Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo