“Ok, but too loud!”

Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Big Spring
Columbia, South Carolina
“Ok, but too loud!”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I stayed at the Motel 6 in Big Spring, Texas for one night while on a road-trip. The room was your standard Motel 6 room and I must admit it was fairly clean. The bathroom was above average compared to other Motel 6s. My only complaint is that the walls were so thin, that we could hear everything that went on outside our room, including in the room next door. Therefore, neither I or my husband were able to sleep well.
Besides that, the location was very convenient, as we had easy access to the Interstate.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Big Spring, Texas
Reviewed January 30, 2012

WOW..what a dump! I've never stayed in such a run down motel. I wish I could have read the reviews before stopping here. I will say however that generally hotel 6's have clean rooms but this place is a joke. The bathroom has paint splatters all over the floor along with mold around the shower plus very "sticky" when walking on it and the toilet has rust stains all through it. Pillow cases have stains on them along with the sheets. This place obviously caters to construction workers (nothing wrong with this) however they like to drink and get very loud through out the motel. If you’re looking for a nice clean room and quietness...pass this dump up and spend the extra 20 bucks and stay at a descent hotel or motel, I would have been more comfortable sleeping in my car.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 231.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Big Spring hotels

Abilene, Texas
Reviewed September 21, 2011

First, I'm not a Motel 6 guy, period. But this was the only game in town and I was too tired to press on, so I took it, figuring I could sleep in the car if it was as bad as the other reviews.

It is NOT ! Room was clean-tidy-functional. Everything worked, bed seems new-ish, pillows good, linens freshly laundered. Internet is fast, A/C works well, as do Fridge, TV (70+ channels) and Micro.

Room is small, but by myself. Yes, there are only two towells, but I'll survive. My only gripe - no coffee maker, but for $50 that's okay. I'd stay here again in a pinch.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed September 15, 2011

It looks like this motel caters to construction workers, the room I checked out wasn't clean, old signs of bedbug poop, crumbs under the mattress cover and stains on the sheets. Several BBQ grills in the parking lot showed it was a permanent place for construction workers

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
BC
Reviewed November 2, 2009

Stayed at this motel for one night. Awoke to find roof shingles all over the parking lot and shingle scratches all over my car. Management was unwilling to pay for any damage. Offered to me instead, a free "2 night sleep". With such a great first stay, well how can I possibly resist such an offer!

Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Texas
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Four of us checked in to stay two nights in a room with two beds. Basic room, needs a good bit to touch up. Caulking, cleaning, painting, etc. Next morning realized we only had two towels so went to front desk. No towels. Went around to find cleaning ladies. No towels.
Left for the day and came back around 10:30 at night. Room had not been cleaned. Spent around 20 minutes at the front desk while the desk clerk called the manager asking what to do. They finally located some towels, and agreed after much pushing on my part to refund one night of the stay. The next morning I did get towels and a refund of one night stay.
So, good customer service in the end, but horrible hotel. Filthy. Stay away!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Malibu, California
Reviewed May 12, 2009

We were making our way from Denton to Las Cruces. Getting in late and too tired to keep driving. It was 50 bucks with AAA. A 1/3rd of the of what the other places were charging. It's OK. It's as basic as you're going to get. Clean, seems safe, nice night clerk. We were moving to California so we had to park a huge truck towing a car in the parking lot. No problem.

You're a fool to expect anything more at that price. The toothless housekeeping woman woke us at 8 with her RAT-TAT-TAT "HOUSEKEEPING. They have no DO NOT DISTURB at MOTEL 6. Sleeping in late is a luxury here. Good luck.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple