“Friendly staff and nice accomodations.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Big Spring
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Big Spring
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Traveling for business. I had a 2 queen bed suite which was very spacious and nice. The price was high but all the hotels in this area are due to the oil boom. Hotel staff was very friendly. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Modern, beautiful, comfortable and absolutely spotless room and hotel. You must stay here when in San Angelo. Price is comparable to others in similar ranking, and I have stayed at others in San Angelo but will only book here in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2013

If you are traveling through West Texas and come to Big Spring, keep on going. This is the worse Hampton I ever though about staying in, also the town has no place decent to eat and the Interstate noise is terrible. Ever stay in a Hampton and your room not have a bathtub? The least they could have done was to give me a choice as to see if I wanted a tub or not, that didn't happen and the desk clerk could have cared less.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We like Hampton Inns (and Comfort Inns and Best Westerns) just fine. But all hotels and motels along I 20 from Big Spring to at least Monahans are charging exorbitant prices currently because of the oil boom. The receptionist here was very nice, but quoted an outlandish price! After we picked ourselves up off the floor from the shock, she suggested we try the Advantage Inn across the street. This was an older place but the price was much better and the reception people were very accommodating, and sympathetic to our distress about high pricing (even here). The room was fine, but the ironical event came the next morning. We went to the reception area for breakfast--a very basic coffee, toast and cereal, about the norm for this type of place. Then an older lady working reception came over to us, handed us a business card and said "Go over to the Hampton Inn. We own it also. The breakfast is much nicer there--and we feel a little bad for ordinary travelers like yourselves caught by the high prices around here."!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I love nice places to stay...the ones where I feel a bit pampered. Everything looks new, is clean and well kept...first impression upon arriving. There was a bit of confusion with my reservation but the young woman at the desk took care of it without question or hassle. Pleasantly surprised when I walked in the room...love the desk unit and TV unit (which conveniently houses the microwave & fridge on the bottom), loving having a water bottle waiting on me. How many times do we catch our breath when we get to our rooms then realize we have to leave again to get a drink?)
Love the big comfy bed with fresh smelling linens of good quality. Room is spacious and absolutely love the walk in shower and large bathroom.
Breakfast was one of the best I've had in a motel...fresh oatmeal (not instant) with slivered almonds, a mix of raisins & cranberries, and brown sugar), bagels, waffles, eggs and the list goes on.
Although the hotel is close to the freeway I was either sleeping so deeply I didn't hear it or the quiet is insulated out. Either way I wasn't disturbed by outside noise when sleeping.
I only come to Big Spring once a year but Hampton Inn is certainly on preferred places to stay list.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Very pleasant I highly recommend Hampton and Hilton properties. You get what you pay for! The staff was extremely helpful and courtious. I will defenately stay here again. The breakfast was different every day of our stay. It was very good, the dining area was clean and the food was fresh.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This Hampton was great! Very nice, clean rooms. Beautifully decorated. Entire hotel was tech friendly (Wi-Fi, electrical outlets, USB ports, everywhere). Had a great breakfast spread that included fresh fruit, waffles, pastries, toast, different cold cereals, country potatoes, breakfast quiche. Coffee was delicious. Staff was very friendly at all times. Nice lobby area, great for socializing or reading a book. We did not have our kids on this trip, but we noticed that it was very kid friendly. Microwave and mini-fridge in our king bed room.

Room Tip: King bed studio was great! lots of space. Fold out sofa to bed. Desk could be moved anywhere. Lighti...