“Good barb q”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Big Spring, Texas
“Good barb q”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Brisket sandwich is always good. Do not forget the potato salad. Love the potato salad. ALS is one of the best places to eat in big spring.

• Visited February 2014

“Pricey, but the food was good.”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I highly recommend the catfish and the chicken. The home style fries were not that good. Potato salad is good.

• Visited September 2013
Hobbs
“taste like Vinegar”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

prices were high ! portions were small ! and the smell and taste of vinegar was more than I could stand ! if you looking for good BBQ ? go somewhere else !!

Visited August 2013
Midland, Texas
“Very Pricy”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Sandwich and drink was $12-$15.00, was overrated for the price. I made a comment and the lady said, so go somewhere else and since than I have. I live here and can get more appreciation for my $$ elsewhere.

• Visited March 2013
Chuck B, Owner at Al's & Son Bar-B-Q, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
I am deeply concerned about our staff not helping you with your concerns about the pricing of our sandwich. I have addressed this problem severely and will strive to have our staff be professional and courteous to all customers and handle customers concerns with care and importance.

Please accept our deepest apology for this.

As to our pricing, I am as upset about pricing as our customers are. It is amazing how items add up on a ticket whether at a restaurant or the grocery store. We strive to keep prices as low as possible and still make a profit.

Our Sliced Beef Sandwich is priced at $8.29. The sandwich is on a 5" diameter bun and includes a side such as French Frys or Potato Salad or any other veggie we offer. This compares to a popular chain whose Angus Deluxe (which would be their larger burger) with frys cost approximately $6.99. This is on a 3" diameter bun. Add a drink and sales tax your bill is close to $10.50 compared to our price of $11.45. We hope we offer more in the way of food and quality to offset the price difference.
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A good place to go for tender tasty meat and all the fixings”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

As visitors from Canada, we thought barbecue meant cooking meat over hot coals. So we stopped when we saw the Al's & Son Bar-B-Q sign. We discovered that what was on offer was a variety of slow cooked and smoked meat that was very tender and tasty. I chose the ribs and was very pleased. My husband had the braised beef and found it similarly tasty. I liked the fact that you could order a small medium or large portion. We returned for a second time before continuing on our travels.

• Visited March 2013