“Just another experience to top off a bad day.”
Review of The Kansas City Steak Company - CLOSED

The Kansas City Steak Company
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Big Spring, Texas
“Just another experience to top off a bad day.”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We went to this place because they serve oysters on the half shell. What was I thinking??? There are no oceans within 1000 miles of here. Beside the point. Lets start at the top. We were seated quickly. Ordered the oysters. they were not served for almost an hour. The ice had melted, they were warm, and they were the size of a lung. How do you eat that. I also ordered a Filet Mignon and got a tenderloin. I know, I know. Close. Ordered medium rare. It was raw. $100 later I really don't even want to write about it anymore. Terrible!!!!! I won't go back. And that's a shame because I live here and there are few places to find a good meal.

• Visited June 2012

St. Augustine, Florida
“people are nicer than the food”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We can't figure out how they got in the triple A book, or how they stay in there. But the people working there were very nice.

Visited May 2012
Midland, Texas
“A bright spot in Big Spring dining”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I used to eat at KC's more frequently than I do now, as I've moved from Big Spring, but the food and service are still as good as ever. Don't know if it's the food I like best, or the friendly waitstaff and the fact that Fred Green (owner) actually takes the time to come to your table and make sure that you are having an enjoyable meal/time. Highly recommend!

1 Thank RoxieBlair
San Antonio, Texas
“Disappointing- could be much better.”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I ate at this restaurant with a colleague on weekday evening. Because it was the day before St. Valentine's Day, it was busy with folks celebrating early. This restaurant has a decidely this-is-the-way-this-restaurant-has-been-run-for-years-and-there-is-no-reason-to-change-anything atmosphere to it. The place looks run-down, both inside and out. There are a couple of poorly maintained fish tanks on one wall. The air inside was a bit smoky, as the grill is inside one side of the dining room. The menu consists mostly of steaks and seafood, as the name implies. The quality of the food was fair, at best; we ordered beef, so I cannot comment on the seafood entrees. The waitress was pleasant and professional and overall the service was good. I suspect that this atmosphere and food quality are acceptable for this size town in this part of Texas, but it would certainly rate 2 stars (and perhaps 1) most anywhere else. There just isn't much attention to detail, and an almost take-it-or-leave-it attitude. This place is what it is, and as long as you are aware of that, then you won't be surprised.

• Visited February 2012
“Definately worth stopping by to have a good dinner!”
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We stopped by on our way home from Denver. The staff is exceptional. We called ahead on New Years Eve and were told to come in they would save a table for us. Food was terrific! We had a filet, a strip and a ribeye with blackened shrimp and fried shrimp. All cooked to perfection. Our daughter had frog legs for the first time. They were cooked just right and she really enjoyed them. We will be back!