“Nice facility. Pricey compared to other options in Guymon...”

Days Inn & Suites Big Spring
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Big Spring
Sioux Falls
“Nice facility. Pricey compared to other options in Guymon...”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Nice facility. Pricey compared to other options in Guymon, OK. Local staff rude when called to make reservation. Double charged for room, called to request reversal of charges on 2nd charge. Female staff assisted after providing information on stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My husband and I travel ALOT and we've stayed in some pretty cruddy rooms before but this is by far the worst! There's water bugs and black beetles in the rooms. If you don't wear shoes, your feet turn black from the carpet. The shower is either freezing or burning you and the ppl at the front desk are horrible! And the "breakfast" is a joke! I definitely do not recommend this Days Inn!

• Stayed April 2013

Travelers are raving about these Big Spring hotels

Socorro, New Mexico
Reviewed December 12, 2012

we stayed there for one night after booking through the Internet. The room was dirty, the light was terrible, several bulbs were burned out. The front desk was unfriendly and not helpful at all. After being told the maintenance man is on his way we had to call two more times to find out that this was a lie and nobody was available any more (at ~8 PM). Reflects poorly on this chain!
Will definitely stay there never again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This hotel needs some refurbishment and regular maintenance. Pool needs a lot of work and parking lot needs some cleanup.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I stayed here when the reservation for another better (for the same price) hotel fell through. I was told I was getting the last room available. I should have known by the abrupt and rude woman at check-in and the cheap, beat up look of the building that I was in for a so-so stay, so I wasn't surprised by the dingy and dated furnishings and decorating. For $101 (with taxes), I expect more, but it was just for the night, and I hoped I'd survive. At least the bed was comfortable and the wireless was free. The toilet didn't flush...just swirled the water around. The roach that scampered across the vanity while I brushed my teeth looked right at home and was at least friendlier than the woman at the front desk. The tub showed signs of hundreds of dirty feet from over the years. Someone had painted the clear plastic tub knobs to make it clear which was hot (red) and which was cold (blue). Unfortunately he/she got it wrong...and so did the plumber. The free continental breakfast was the usual boring fare, but the bananas offered looked more ready for banana bread than for eating. Couldn't get the sight of the roach out of my head and decided I didn't have much of an appetite anyway. I have a few projects in Big Spring, but I'll be sure to stay at a better place than this. At least I survived.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tsbandjohn
bandera
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We checked in at 6:45 after a long hot motorcycle ride and a 4 day stay at a cabin with just a bath tub. Needless to say we were looking forward to a good hot shower and a good nights sleep. We went to eat and returned at 7:45. First thing went to the bathrooom and turned on the hot water..None..not even water not to mention no hot water. My husband went to the office at 8pm and inquired about the hot water. We were told by Management the hot water heater had gone out and would be fixed in 10 minutes. At 8:30 still no water. My husband went and checked again and was told by Management it would be done in minutes. The water finally came on at 9:30 but came out brown and dirty. By that time i decided i would wait till morning for a shower. Got up in the morning and still no hot water. We then found out it had gone out the day before we had checked in, We were never informed when we checked in that they had no hot water, just took our money and that was it. I spoke with the manager the next morning and asked for a refund or discount she told me NO because we had stayed the night, we had to pay for the room. We did get a discount but not enough considering they knew there was no hot water and would not be any hot water during our stay. I will never stay at this days inn again and would never recommend it to anyone. The manager seemed to be stuck on us utilizing the room and not the fact that we were deceived into thinking we were renting a comfortable room where we could have all the ammenities we paid for. Awful, rude and argumentative management.

Room Tip: Do not stay here if you want a shower, breakfast, courteous management or swimming.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple