“Great Tex-Mex In a Simple Setting”
Review of El Rancho

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Rancho
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Bertram
Cuisines: Mexican
Liberty Hill, TX
“Great Tex-Mex In a Simple Setting”
Reviewed August 27, 2011

El Rancho is a little know Hill Country chain, stretching up and down Hwy 281. As someone who lives to the east, I was excited to see that they had stretched east on Hwy 29 to Bertram. Since discovering their Bertram location, we routinely drive the 10 minutes to El Rancho rather than eat at the various Mexican places in town.

The menu is a standard Tex-Mex menu. Our family has particularly enjoyed the Carne Asada, Pollo Monterrey and the enchiladas. The salsa is a spicy blend. Hot enough to have a kick but not so hot as to kill the enjoyment. The flan make a nice dessert, although at times they are out and at times it has a bit too much cinnamon taste to it.

If you go here, though, in my opinion, you must order the Carnitas. I love carnitas and have had them in a lot of restaurants around town. However, the special difference here is the barbecue nature of the pork. I don't mean sauce, I mean cooking style. It has just the perfect flavor and if you have ever enjoyed pulled pork, you will love these carnitas.

Give El Rancho a try and you won't be sorry!

• Visited August 2011