“Good Value”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Benbrook
Beaumont, Texas
“Good Value”
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

This is a very clean, nice Best Western. If you are familiar with the Best Western chain, it is not a high end chain, but this is very close to relatives and we have never been disappointed. Tiffany, front desk clerk, is always friendly and helpful. Food is usual fare, but area is clean and food fresh. Rooms have always been clean, no complaints. Good value for your dollar.

Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The bed was too soft for my taste; the highway was very noisy even though it was a block away; the shower curtain was installed incorrectly so I had a wet floor, there was no hand lotion and limited TV channels

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Abilene, Texas
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Very nice rooms and helpful, friendly staff. The breakfast is wonderful and there is a Cracker Barrel and Convenience store within walking distance. Downtown Fort Worth and it's attractions are just a short drive and you'll save about 50% off city hotel prices by staying here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Amarillo, United States
Reviewed December 6, 2013

It was a well maintained, yet older hotel. The room and facilities were clean and no problems were experienced. The surrounding neighborhood was a little "iffy", but we noticed no issues on the hotel property itself. The location was great for the plans we had....convenient to the downtown/historical district and the Ft. Worth Zoo; and for the family members that joined us from about an hour away.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Denver, United States
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Overall the hotel was nice, but the hallways and elevators were rank with cigarette odor. The room was spacious and clean and the beds were really comfortable, but you have to hold your breath from the front door to the room.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Center, United States
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We checked in after long day on road. Room was clean, bed was ok. Our traveling companion was worried about security with all the locks on the doors, but I did not feel it was a problem. There were a lot of blue collar workers staying at the hotel, but there was no problem with that.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was the first hotel I stayed at in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Benbrook is a bit SouthWest of Fort Worth, right off I-20, and just before (if you continue driving West on I-20), you come to rural areas.

When I arrived, there were no regular King smoking rooms available, so the clerk upgraded me to a deluxe room with a Jacuzzi, which I thought was very nice. I decided to extend my stay for two nights, but the other staff members weren't as accommodating, so I wasn't allowed to stay in the upgraded room past the first night. In fact, I found them to be relatively aggressive with respect to money, in general, which is the primary reason I rated them with 3 stars instead of four. Very specifically, I frequently request late check-out whenever possible. I don't remember whether the normal check-out at this Best Western was 11:00 AM or Noon (although I lean toward the latter time). But I was told that if I checked-out after 1:00 PM, I would "automatically" be charged for an additional night.

On the day I checked out, I was out of my room by 1:05 PM. Because they advised me of their policy, I deliberately used a card that I knew only had a couple of dollars available at the time I left. Indeed, they did charge me an additional amount to the extent that they could. I don't know how much additional they would have charged if more funds were available on the card. In any case, several days after check-out, they card again had funds on it, and the hotel staff made no further effort to charge the card. I never contacted the hotel regarding the extra couple of dollars that they were able to charge.

The only other negative factor--from my point of view--is that they continuously showed the Fox News channel on the television where breakfast was provided (very close to the lobby). Regardless of whether I agree with the political viewpoints of this station, I don't consider it proper to force guests, effectively, to watch the channel if they choose to eat in the area. Please note that I would feel the same way if the hotel continuously set the television to MSNBC, a political channel with a very different viewpoint from that of Fox.

While most of the verbiage in this review describes what I didn't like, I don't want to minimize the fact that this is a clean property with quite comfortable rooms that is very convenient to I-20. Also, despite what I mentioned above, all of the staff was friendly. And if you particularly want to stay in Benbrook (which I found to be a very nice town), the hotel is just a few short minutes from the downtown area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benbrook
Hyatt Place Fort Worth Cityview
Homewood Suites Fort Worth West at Cityview
Hampton Inn Fort Worth Southwest Cityview
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Worth Southwest
Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Southwest
Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - City View

Been to Days Inn Benbrook Fort Worth Area? Share your experiences!