“Nothing to do around the lake”

Stillhouse Hollow Lake
Ranked #3 of 25 things to do in Belton
Reviewed March 27, 2014

If you want to water ski or fish I suppose it's okay, but there is nothign else to do aroudn the lake and virtually no food. Always pretty empty. I've never seen anyone bring any fish in with them. The lake has been low recently whichg makes it less attractive, just like all the lakes in the area.

1  Thank Al E E
"texas"
in 6 reviews
"trail"

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I am biased, I grew up near Stillhouse so I am not as enamored with it as some may be. I enjoyed my weekend and summer visits, but do not remember anything spectacular about the area.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Me and my son dicited to take a road trip to Belton tX ,so we did and we didint' know what in the world we could do here,so we look up tripadviser belton tX and we find Stillhouse hollow lake ,so we diside to go there and we did and we loved it it was very very very very very beautiful and it was very very very very very very peaceful to we love this place even it just nice to take pithures and walk.

1  Thank DMWorld2See
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Unlike many Texas lakes, Stillhouse usually has beautiful blue water and not the brown or green muddy water. Combined with the white cliffs/bluffs on the east end of lake (near dam) makes for nice senic views. If boating on the lake WATCH OUT for stumps and dead trees. When out of the main body this lake can shallow fast (esp if the lake level is down)! For camping, you can't beat the Corps of Engineer campground at Dana Peak. The camping area sticks out into the lake and has water on three sides so you often get a nice breeze to cool things off. But there are no shade trees to bring an awning! The area near the dam at the cut to the marina has an underwater SCUBA park with training platforms and various items to explore. The marina has a small store, cafe and gas which are the only facilites on the lake (other then COE parks and campgrounds).

3  Thank David W