“Take a break from your drive on I-35. Stop here for real food and good service.”
Review of The Gin

The Gin
Ranked #2 of 74 Restaurants in Belton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is a very nice place in a pretty little Central Texas town about an hour north of Austin. Converted from an old cotton gin, the building is very cool. I had the mesquite-grilled ribeye and an unusual but delicious appetizer of fried avocado with crabmeat. Both were very tasty indeed. Friendly and efficient service. Don't eat at chain restaurants along I-35; pull off at Belton and dine in this one-of-a-kind place. Recommended!

2  Thank Waterloonie
There are newer reviews for The Gin

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I am a member of a group of young ladies Bible study group and during the summer we take a vacation but still get together once a month to check on one another to make sure all is well and catch up on one another. I was in charge of retaining a table for our little group. All was excellant, from the host to the food. Thank you

1  Thank Twila C
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The location is nice, the building is neat; it's an old cotton gin and the service was good. My husband and I both ordered a steak. They had an off taste, kind of like lighter fluid. We were not impressed and probably will not go back.

1  Thank lemmonjoy
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We went to the Gin because of the reviews that we read on the internet, but we went there with high expectations considering raving reviews. We went at lunch and the service was okay but rather slow considering there were probably only 6 tables being served with maybe 3-4 wait staff. The food was decent but really wasn't anything worth raving about. Prices were okay, nothing eye popping. We haven't tried it at dinner so we may be missing out but that will be for another time.

1  Thank eieio2006
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Made from the building of an Old Cotton Gin, this resturant is both down to earth enough for causal dining, but great for a night out on the town too. Haven't eaten anything there I didn't love. Steaks are fantastic.

1  Thank suave1983

Been to The Gin? Share your experiences!