“nothing special, don't look at the carpet”
Review of Nami

Ranked #16 of 71 Restaurants in Belton
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dallas, Texas
“nothing special, don't look at the carpet”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Ate here with 3 others on a Saturday night, reservations at one of the hibachi tables. The restaurant is large, with around 6 hibachi tables, a long bar, and open seating in between. It was smoky in the restaurant, and our clothes smelled like grease when we left.

Ordered sushi as appetizer, didn't arrive until after the soup and salad. I ordered a noodle dish that was not cooked on the grill, it arrived when the cook arrived at the grill. Told our server it should come when the other food was ready, he just said "oh sorry" and left. I waited until he returned and told him to make a new one in 20 minutes when the grilled meals were done.

Very basic hibachi food. The "chefs" were doing the standard flames and burning onion tower and train whistle schtick, with little excitement. The dining area is open, so you get to see/hear this routine time and time again during your meal. The food was very oily, the dipping sauces were needed to add flavor. My noodles were overcooked and oily as well. Japanese food is subtle and simple, and requires fresh ingredients, not happening here.

On my walk to the restroom, my shoes stuck to the carpet. They crank a lot of people through here, don't expect anything great.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank D H

Texas
“They need to step it up”
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Went to lunch here and I expected better. I got the lunch bento teriyaki beef. It was quite expensive when I got a soda and the fried rice. With a $2 tip it came to $16. On top of that the food wasn't that great and the server didn't seem to happy to help us. I hope they can step it up because they need a good restaurant like this in the area.

Temple, Texas, United States
“Awesome Place!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is a great Japanese Steakhouse! The Hibachi grill is so much fun, entertaining, and GOOD! Absolutely GREAT food!

Visited April 2012
Tampa, Florida
“Needs a good cleaning”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife loves sushi so one Saturday night we decided to give it a try. We didn't make reservations, but who makes reservations in the Killeen area. Bad mistake. It happened to be homecoming and the place was filled with teens and very noisy. We sat at the bar and as we walked across the floor our feet stuck to the carpet. Not sure how long it has been since it was cleaned. My wife had sushi, which she said was very good, and she knows sushi. I'm not a sushi fan so I ate off the other menu. Okay, but not great in terms of quality or portion size. We wouldn't go back.

Visited October 2012
Temple, Texas
“Fresh!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The sushi is very fresh. The service is a little iffy--we have been multiple times, and have had a different experience each time, but never had an extremely bad experience. The sushi chefs are very knowledgable and accomodating. It's also a great atmosphere.

Visited May 2012