“Pleasantly surprised!”

Dead Fish Grill
Ranked #19 of 73 Restaurants in Belton
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The only lake front restaurant in Central Texas. Come enjoy a margarita or cool iced tea while taking in the views of Belton Lake. Live Music and friendly staff with great food. Who could ask for more?
Hewitt
“Pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

After reading the most recent reviews, our expectations were pretty low. We had a Groupon to the restaurant, so were obligated to go. I called ahead to get on the wait list since they don't take reservations. When we arrived they advised a 15 minute wait - not too bad on a Saturday night. We spotted seats at the bar and choose to sit there instead. Great service from our bartender. The menu has a wide variety of choices and prices. I had the grilled mahi mahi and my husband had the buffalo chicken basket. We both really enjoyed our meals. The mahi had one corner that was slightly dry, but otherwise was cooked perfectly. It came with grilled veggies, which appeared to be more sauteed to me, but they were still good. My husband loved his basket - he also had a side of black beans that were very good. We shared a cheesecake and it was just the right temperature to bring out the flavor. All in all a great experience! And the sunset view is fabulous. Would I go back? Probably - and I say that only because it isn't cheap (but not unreasonable) and I live about 40 miles away.

Woonsocket, Rhode Island, United States
“not just seafood.. fantastic view!”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I am not really a seafood connoisseur but they do have other food.. I got a bbq hamburger that to me was just average, nothing really different about it. the spouse had shrimp and spinach enchilada to which she said was pretty good. others in the party had fish and chips, Steak, and Mahi mahi. The fish and chips did make my friend a little uneasy but it might have just been a coincidence. The steak was not done correctly but he said it was still good... I think I still would go back.

Orangeville, Illinois
“Great Food with a Great View”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I had the Wedge Salad with the seared tuna, and it was wonderful. The seasoning on the tuna was wonderful and it was cooked perfectly. In fact, I like it so much, I went back the next day to have the same thing but got brave and tried another of their salads but had the tuna on it as well. The prices are reasonable, the service was great. You can eat inside or out and both have nice views of the lake. At sunset they fire their cannon so if loud noises aren't your thing, leave the area of the cannon when that's going to happen. It was much louder than I expected. I will definitely recommend this place to others and if I'm in the area, I'm certainly going back again. You can come dressed as you are and feel comfortable. I little more shade opportunities outside would be my only want.

Louisville, Kentucky
“Great View of the Lake”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Ate here twice on my visit. Both times service was slow, food was OK, but the view was fantastic!!
The restaurant was not overly busy either time. My fish was dripping in grease.

• Visited June 2014
Copperas Cove, Texas
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I went with friends for the first time today. It was not crowded at all but it still took several minutes before we were even acknowledged to be seated. As we were being seated, I observed a staff member clean a table off with nothing but his bare hand and nothing else. That's what passes for cleaning a table? Food was not very good. Bread on my sandwich was rather hard and dressing was runny. We had to ask several times for food items missing. Why can't the service and food match the wonderful view?