“Collin Street Bakery”

Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Bellmead
Description: The newest Location of their Bakery along I 35
Description: The newest Location of their Bakery along I 35
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My Grandma loves Fruit Cake. I have ordered my Grandma a Fruit Cake from Collin Street Bakery every December for years! She thinks they have the best fruit cake.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I agree with what another reviewer said about the billboards and their hype being a let down. All up and down I-35 you see "World's Best (fill in the blank: chicken salad, pecan bread, fruit cake, etc)." I was really excited when we stopped in but was disappointed.
The bakery did not have a very big selection, and didn't have hardly any typical bakery items I was looking forward to. No cakes or cupcakes, no candies, and only some obscure kinds of cookies (aside from chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter cookies). The cookies we did buy didn't even get eaten on the drive to Dallas because they weren't that good. Maybe we went at a bad time?
The person behind the counter did give us some samples of a yummy pecan something. That part was good.
We didn't have any sandwiches so I can't attest to how the deli section is. Also, they didn't have any Dr Pepper. Maybe they'd run out, because hello, you're in Waco!
Maybe we went at a bad time or on a bad day, but I did not fall in love and probably won't be stopping here again.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

This place is an easy on/off I-35 . They have a small deli in the back with fresh sandwhiches made to order or some pre-made ones to grab and go. I had seen the billboards for years and expected everything to be oh-so-yummy wonderful. I was a little let down. It was OK but not exceptional. There was a vast array of fresh baked cookies at the counter but I was expecting more than cookies. There were other cakes and things available for sale in the general store and all the sodas were in glass bottles from the Dr. Pepper line, made locally in Waco.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

This is a dangerous place for my waistline. Great pasteries for breakfast plus neat breads, pies and cakes that taste as good as they look.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We went there to get a fruitcake,got several cakes pineapple etc; they were expensive we expected them to taste better than they did.

Been to Collin Street Bakery? Share your experiences!