“New property, but out of the way”

Holiday Inn & Suites Waco Northwest
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bellmead
Bella Vista, AR
“New property, but out of the way”
Reviewed December 14, 2011

New full service hotel (no complimentary breakfast), decor is pleasant and modern, staff friendly and helpful. Had breakfast in the restaurant one morning and it was quick and good -- especially pecan pancakes. We were in Waco to visit Baylor Univ and thought this hotel was closer to downtown, but it's two or three exits north of the school. However, it wasn't so far as to be inconvenient and is in a new area north of Waco. No other restaurants within walking distance and some confusing road construction to wind through to get to the hotel, but this area is building up quickly. All in all a nice experience for a weekend.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Memphis
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Without a doubt, one of my favorite hotels to stay in. Great staff (especially Dana, the Asst. GM), great service, great clean rooms, comfy beds, top notch fitness equipment, indoor pool, no too expensive bar, even the their restaurant had great food (i had the wings and fries). Right off the highway, but cant hear a thing! Simply love it here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
DanaMcCoy, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Waco Northwest, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Well thank you very much! I'm still here and now the General Manager so come back and see me again!
Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed October 31, 2011

The hotel is new and very clean. I thought the rooms were a little small and there were too many chemicals in the pool for my kids to swim. However, the hotel was busy so maybe they added the chemicals trying to keep it clean? Not sure. Anyway, it was a nice stay and the breakfast buffet is good. My kids loved having a TV at our table in the dining room. The staff was friendly too.

• Stayed October 2011
Castle Rock, Colorado
Reviewed October 2, 2011

WARNING. This hotel books youth baseball teams from the trailer parks of Texas. Please protect your sanity by checking this out before you book a room. Checked in around 10pm after a long day of work and driving to get to the Holiday Inn. Beautiful facility and rooms. Great bedding package. As I walked into the lobby there were screaming kids running thru the lobby in wet swiming suits and parents shouting at them to please be quite. There was a sign posted on the elavators that stated, "quite hours are 10pm to 8 am and no one under 18 was to be in the halls without an adult."

After check in we found 10-15 young boys and girls running up and down the halls on the second floor and no adults on the floor. I used a luggage cart to the room and upon returning it to the lobby a hotel employee assured me that the noise would stop at 10.

Well it kept on and there were several unsupervised boys in the next room slamming the doors running up and down the hall ways with ice buckets for their drunk parents from the trailer park. I asked them several times to stop slamming the door, screaming and running up and down the hallway. A mother from the park came out of one of the rooms and starting yelling at me (with a strong slur) to stop asking to stop yelling because they were just, "boys"

I said that it was around 11:30 and we needed our rest. I went back into my room and went to bed. The next thing I know it sounds like my door has exploded with a loud pounding. I thought is was the young boys, but no, it was their dads from the trailer park, all 3 of them. They were calling me out thru the door. I opened the door to find 3 drunks.They were calling me an "old man" and their kids were just having fun. If I had a problem with that they were there to take care of it with me. The leader of the traier park group had a crutch and had used it on the door. Their major vocabulary was the F word at that time of night.

I told them lets just let security or the police settle the unsupervised kids in the room next to mine and the running and screaming in the halls, I locked my door and immediately called the front desk. All of this should be on security tape from this Saturday night.

It was quiet the rest of the night. A customer should not have to be subject to this kind of unsupervised behavior by kids and their parents late at night, especially when they are drunk. Hotel security should have put a stop to the running in the halls after their posted sign at 10pm. The hotel desk even has security cameras to watch the property.

I'm a priority club member and stay over 120 nights in Holiday Inn all over the country. This is a very good location if it was not that it books, baseball teams from the Trailer Park. I suggest the General Manager of this location take a look at the tapes of what goes on when he is not on location.

Room Tip: Ask what age group teams are stay their during your stay.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank mas4467
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed September 29, 2011

The staff at Holiday Inn Waco was fantastic.

This hotel is right off I-35 and really nice for Waco, TX.

This place was great for me because it was really close to Baylor University with out being in the heart of the University.

I especially enjoyed the breakfast during my stay..my server remembered my name the 3 days during my stay and even my breakfast order.

I give this hotel a 10, clean rooms, decent rate, and great staff!!!

I plan to definetely stay at this location when I am visting in Waco, TX.

Room Tip: Request A Suite, Very Spacious
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you Whitney!
Come back and see us again!
Waco, Texas
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Guest room accomodations super. One guest had a door closure issue that was resolved. Meeting rooms great. Built-in video projector remote failed. Lecturers had to --> to advance their presentations. Salesman Scott Perry was an excellent host. Team players Tanya, Rachel and Rash enhanced our experience.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Kalkaska, Michigan
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I attended a small conference at this hotel. The facilities are very new, and the service is outstanding. Everyone from the front desk to the conference staff to the food service people are very friendly and bend over backwards to help make your event a success. The rooms are large and comfortable. I had a refrigerator and microwave in my room too. My only complaint is that the in-house restaurant didn't serve lunch, so all the members had to go off-site for lunch. They did serve breakfast and dinner and had an evening bar. There are plenty of restaurants very close by, though.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. Because of them I always give out a lunch menu to my guests attending a meeting now, even when the company putting the meeting on has chosen not to serve a lunch, that way the individuals have that option. So thank you for helping me make our Hotel even better!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellmead
Comfort Suites Waco North
Home2 Suites by Hilton Waco
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Waco South
Fairfield Inn & Suites Waco North
Best Western Plus Waco North
Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Waco Northwest? Share your experiences!