“Our favorite mom & pop place.”
Review of Roadster Grill

Roadster Grill
Ranked #4 of 50 Restaurants in Bellaire
Cuisines: American, Greek
Description: Authentic Greek Family Favorites & All-American Classics Inside a sky blue, stand-alone building on Bissonnet, sits one of the best hamburger joints in town. Owner Nick Semoudiaris has a great menu and, with recipes from his mother, Koula Gray, known as Yia Yia, they also dish out some of the best Greek food around. If that's not enough, they have a new dinner menu with lamb chops, steak, Greek chicken and salmon. One more thing that's a big hit, he has a couple of all beef hot dogs that are Hebrew National kosher. What a great mix of delicious, ethnic and American foods! Nick has an outstanding résumé, including stints as general manager of Florida Seafood grill, formerly Floridita and as manager at Truluck's. He selects his meats and vegetables carefully and even purchases his pita breads from Chicago, because he thinks they taste the best.
Bellaire, Texas
“Our favorite mom & pop place.”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Incredible Greek food along with great burgers and other American fare. Fantastic gyros!

Visited December 2011

Katy, Texas
“Great Gyros!!”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I think this place has the best gyros!! They are soooo yummy and they are fast! They have a variety of food...from burgers to gyros. It is a small place though and the parking lot is small, but we've never had a problem getting in and getting a table. They also have a drive thru. The food is cheap too!! Just writing this review makes me crave a gyro from this place!

• Visited October 2011
Houston, Texas
“Better than Niko Nikos”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Best gyros in Houston area. Don't bother with .Nikos.

Bellaire, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best in Bellaire - A teenager's review”
Reviewed November 30, 2010

Have you ever been to a neighborhood dive; the kind of place where everyone knows your name the minute you walk in? You walk in and can smell the food cooking in the small little kitchen, knowing exactly what each little scent is, taking it all in. Well, that describes Roadster Grill. It’s a small diner serving Greek food with an American twist. It’s located at 5210 Bissonnet Street, Bellaire. Their number, if you want to give them a call is, (713) 432-1800; and they have someone waiting for your calls all day. ‎They are open from seven in the morning until eight at night.
As we pulled into the small private parking lot that held only about fifteen cars, we had to park across the street because there were no spots left. This was a little inconvenient, because I was hungry and wanted to get in and order fast, so I could eat my meal. From the outside it is nothing special; all blue walls, and some bushes with rocks around them. The one thing that did catch my eye was an outdoor patio where you could sit and eat. I love to eat outside on a nice day.
I walked in and I was immediately greeted by a tall man named Nick, who happened to be the owner of the place. Everyone was friendly, chatting while standing by the counter where you order. He told me to look at the menu that was plastered on the wall, and tell him what I wanted. I asked where the restroom was, and he had to lead me outside all the way around the building to the back corner, where a small little restroom was located. It was neither very nice, nor easy access. I went back inside and at first glance, I noticed it was a small little restaurant, with ten tables, four chairs per table inside, and five benches on the outside patio, that can hold three or four on each side of the bench. The tables are a little crammed together with only a couple of feet in between, but I didn’t have to worry about that as I chose a table where nobody was sitting behind me. There were two TV’s on in the two back corners, which was a nice addition. The only form of decoration on the plain white walls, were movie posters of actors such as John Wayne. I was not completely thrilled with eating here at first, but I was soon to decide otherwise, as the food made up for the appearance.
As an appetizer before my main course, I ordered some of their famous grilled pita bread. Then, I ordered for my main course a Philly Steak sandwich, and a chicken souvlaki salad to go with it. Then, for dessert I ordered an Oreo milkshake. The menu was very clear and easy to read, as I didn’t even have to go and sit down to order!
All of my food arrived within five minutes of ordering, which was really fast. The waiters came by just to verify your order, and then the food would be out shortly. I didn’t see my waiter after he delivered my food, which as a little odd. His name was Eduardo, and he was a very nice, tall man, but he never came back to check and see how I was doing.
Regardless, the food was delicious! My grilled pita bread was home made, and extremely soft and fluffy; just like I like it. It also came with hummus to dip it in, which was a little spicy, but regardless, still very good. It is a classic Greek dish, that you “can’t get enough of,” as it says on the menu. Moving on to my main course, I loved my Philly Steak sandwich. It was made with a crispy bun, toasted to perfection. Inside was steak strips, grilled onions, mushrooms, and melted cheese on top of all that. My eyes widened as I took my first bite. I was in awe of how good the food was. Then for my side, the chicken soulvlaki salad, I was not as big a fan of it as my other dishes. It was made like any other Greek salad, with chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, and your choice of many other ingredients. The lettuce was a little dry, but the grilled chicken on top was cooked very well, so I just ate that off of the salad. Moving on to my favorite part of the meal, my Oreo milkshake, with crushed up, not too chunky, but not too smooth bits of Oreo blended into rich vanilla ice cream. It had my taste buds flying. The size of it though, was very big, so I had to take the rest of it home. All of the other food sizes were very reasonable, as no entre went over $10. My total bill for all the food was under $15, which is very low considering all of the food that I ordered. That is one of the best parts about Roadster Grill, it is really good, yet still low reasonable prices. Compared to most other restaurants, it was very low, especially since the quality of food is still the same, and the taste is just as good. All and all, Roadster Grill doesn’t have the great looks, but it has great food.

1 Thank illanlevi
Houston
“A Greek Diner in Texas”
Reviewed November 28, 2010

I have been to Roadster more than 50 times and have never been disappointed in the food, service and value. The choices span diner fare to Greek specialties. The homemade soups are wonderful. I always get the Hummus, my wife gets the chicken souvlaki salad and my son, the Cheesesteak.