“Amazing and Delicious”
Review of Costa Brava Bistro

Costa Brava Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Costa Brava Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 54 Restaurants in Bellaire
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Explore the rich culinary traditions of Spain and France at this cozy, neighborhood bistro located in Bellaire.
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We enjoyed a great meal at CBB last night. Everything was perfectly prepared. The gazpacho was amazing. Mussels appetizers was a winner. Endive and arugula salad fresh and delicious. Crispy salmon was light and perfectly (not over-) cooked. Everyone else loved theirs, too. Wine list offers an excellent selection at affordable prices. The skill and experience of the Chef and front of house manager really show in the exquisite little gem.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Friends visited Costa Brava a week ago and asked us to join them last night. We were graciously greeted by the owner. The service was wonderful. We were never rushed even though the restaurant filled up quickly. The waitress was extremely attentive and helpful. We all had different dishes from soups, to salads and appetizers and they were all superb in taste, quality, freshness and portion. I cannot eat shellfish and I really wanted to try the paella. They were very helpful and told me to order only what I could eat and it was one of the finest paella dishes I've ever had. The wine list had many varietals and well-priced. The meal was so filling that we never made it to dessert. Upon leaving, the owner approached us and wanted to make sure that the paella was prepared as needed for me and hoped that I enjoyed it. She was quite sincere and made us feel at home. We will definitely be back 'home' very soon.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We went to CB for an early dinner on Sat - no reservations. Service was very prompt and courteous - almost too prompt but I am sure they had to move us out for reservations at 7. This is not a leisure dining establishment. We were served our entree in less than 8 minutes and the restaurant was very busy. I realize I may sound like I am complaining but a "fine dining" experience includes more than just the price and quality of the food. I had the paella. It was good and fairly flavorful with plenty of shellfish, chicken and beef. The mussels were overcooked. The dish was much more like a risotto but it had good flavor - just not exceptional. My husband had the "special" which from Yelp, appears to be the routine evening special of 2 shrimp, 2 scallops (very nicely seared) over about a 1/2 cup of risotto with a red pepper sauce. The plating was nice but the serving was more of an appetizer. The couple next to us appeared to have a more substantial plating of the special. The crema catalana for dessert was good but not extraordinary. The apple dessert appeared more appealing. We were not offered coffee with dessert. My take: CB has a nice selection of appetizers and entrees. It's bit pricey without experiencing a "wow", a savoring moment, or "heaven on a plate" reaction. They are a bit proud of their wine list. For $100+ evening for 2, I would prefer to feel a little more leisurely in my meal unless I am trying to get to the theatre and an amazing culinary experience. Still, a nice addition to Bellaire although we probably will not return. Reservations recommended.

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has a fair amount of Spanish dishes in addition to French inspired food. We had paella that was pretty darn good for a restaurant. That's a tough dish for a restaurant to get right in my opinion. In addition, the pork chop over white bean stew turned out well even though I'm not a huge pork chop fan. The salads and smoked salmon starter were both high quality and well put together. Good , well priced wines. The place is relatively small, so it can get loud. I would return to this place.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Bellaire, a city of high wealth, is also a city lacking in choices of good restaurants. Costa Brava helps change that! great quality food, and great value for the incredible choice of wine. Try the Filet, it's cooked perfectly and is a great cut. Service is top notch too!