“Home away from home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Beeville
Sugar Land
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Great place and great people.I stayed at this hotel for the past 2 years and I am really pleased to go back at anytime. At times, there are some issues of A/C in particular room not working and to change the room becomes a big deal. I still prefare this place to other competitor around this venue. I enjoyed the government employee discount given to me. I will surely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

2 Thank Joseph O
Jody S, General Manager at Texan Inn, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
JosephO,

On behalf of my entire team I would like to say thank you for such a kind review. We strive daily to ensure that our guests do feel at home while here.
I would also like you to know that I apologize that you may have had some issues in the past with the A/C in your room. I will defiantly look into the issue.

Thank you again for choosing us as your "Home away from home". We enjoy having you!
If you have any further questions or need anything please feel free to call me or send me a email.

General manager
PHN:361-358-9999
EMAIL: jody.bwtexaninn@yahoo.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Aztec, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Upon entering the motel, I was greeted by a two-story high lobby with various mounted animal heads along the sides. Also, there was overstuffed leather furniture in the lobby, an enormous fireplace in front of me with a "lone star" fire screen, and prominently mounted over the fireplace was the stuffed head of a longhorn steer. Yep, I knew I was in Texas at the Texan Inn!
The staff was extremely friendly and helpful with check in and also later (read below).
Though they do not advertise a "military rate" they promptly gave me one when I showed my military ID card. The room was very spacious, comfortable, clean, and cool (it was over 100 degrees outside the day I was there).
I had one problem while I was at the motel: I locked myself out of my vehicle. Not to worry though, two desk clerks, upon hearing of my problem, did all they could to help. One called a deputy sheriff to come over with a slim jim. Meanwhile the other clerk called a local locksmith to come over and help. I was totally impressed that these clerks in that they did not just hand me a phone number and tell me to call myself, but they placed the calls for me. Extremely gracious folks.
I definitely recommend this motel to any and all travelers.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a truck and/or trailer, ask for a room near where you can park your RV or...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jody S, General Manager at Texan Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
AztecKid,

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always nice to read such positive reviews from our guests. We look forward to seeing you again next time.

If you ever have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to call or email me.

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

The hotel is a nice hotel and the staff is friendly. The breakfast is average, a typical full breakfast at a hotel. But be aware of the fact that it has no elevator and if you are on the second floor you have to carry your luggage up the stairs and if yo need ice you have to go down the stairs to ice machine. We had one problem with the toilet being stopped up and had to use the bathrooms near the lobby, The staff was courteous when we reported the problem but did not attend to it as quickly as we would have liked.

Jody S, General Manager at Texan Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Daniel V,

First I would like to say thank you for staying with us and complimenting our team and that your overall accommodations were nice.

I would also like to apologize for your frustrations. I realize that not having an elevator can cause some strain on our guests. Unfortunately, at this time, we do not have any plans on getting an elevator but may in the future. If you choose to stay with us again please do not hesitate to ask for assistance to get your belongings to your room or you may also call us and request that you be put in a first floor room. The up side to us not having a elevator is that at this time you can get a lower rate if you reserve a second floor room.
I also would like to apologize for the issue that you had with your toilet. The issue should have been taken care of promptly. I have spoken to my team to assure that when issues like this occur they are taken care of right away.

I hope that you will return and give us another chance.
If I can be of any further assistance to you please call or email me.

Jody.bwtexaninn@yahoo.com
Livingston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I love this hotel! The staff are always friendly and helpful. If you need anything or have a problem they will go out of there way to make sure you are satisfied. The breakfast is always hot and fresh. It's a smaller hotel so it's more homey than the big ones and housekeeping are hilarious!

Jody S, General Manager at Texan Inn, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Jennifer O,

I am so pleased that you think so highly of our hotel. We work hard everyday to be sure that our hotel is kept and that our guest are happy. It pleases us all when we get such kind words and really lets us know that we are doing what we set out to do everyday, and that is to make all guests feel like they are welcome and at home.

I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the team!

Thank you again!

TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Very nice hotel. The lobby was very inviting and the staff was friendly. My room was clean and comfortable. The only thing that I thought was a problem was the road noise at night. But that can't be helped. Next time I'll know to ask for a room on the backside of the hotel. Breakfast was good and the dining area was bright and large.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Jody S, General Manager at Texan Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
SDS46,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying at the Best Western Texan Inn. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. My entire team strives everyday to make each and every guest feel comfortable and at home.

Next time you are in town please do not hesitate to contact me or any of my team to help you with anything you need while visiting Beeville.

We look forward to seeing you again!

PHN: 361-358-9999
Frankfort, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was my first time visit, and I was very satisfied with my experience. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was wonderful..........assorted and galore! There were cold and hot cereals, scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, fresh fruits and fruit juices, waffles and pancakes, etc!

The only negatives were cleanliness in the public areas. The carpets were always covered with crumbs, and no housekeeping to clean after hours until the following morning when housekeeping got back. Also, there is no elevator to the second floor. The hotel only has two floors though.

Room was nice and spacious, complete with microwave and fridge.

Room Tip: choose rooms on first floor if you have trouble going up the stair case
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jody S, General Manager at Texan Inn, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
575traveller47,

Thank you so much for staying with us, and thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I can also understand you concerns with the carpets in the public areas not being vacuumed. I can assure you that I will address this issue. As for the elevator I can not do to much about that issue. The next time you stay with us please do not hesitate to ask for assistance getting your things upstairs if you have a 2nd floor room.

We hope you decide to stay with us again soon!

Zavalla, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Happened to stay here on business during spring break, when I couldn't get a room at the Best Western in George West. Very new, clean and quiet. Staff was very friendly, and breakfast was great. Will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jody S, General Manager at Texan Inn, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Iceman_co,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share you thoughts and experience you had while visiting us. We all take pride in our work here and want every guest to feel comfortable and welcomed. I am glad we were able to do so.
If you ever need anything please do not hesitate to give us a call!