“Very Helpful Staff”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Beeville
Weslaco, Texas
“Very Helpful Staff”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The place is well maintained. Room was clean comfortable and modern. We were in town for a funeral so we did not spend much time there but did appreciate the breakfast the next morning. Pool looked nice and there was a well maintained area to walk dogs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank alangt19
Jody S, Manager at Texan Inn, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Local O,

Thank you for such kind words about our property. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. However I am sorry that you were not here for a more enjoyable reason. I hope next time you come visit you can enjoy the pool and surroundings a bit more.

Thank you again!

Sincerely.
Jody Sexton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Merida, Mexico
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is a nice place to stay. Big room with nice beds and very clean. It had both a front and back door and it was a little unnerving to my wife. It did not bother me from a safety issue, we parked right out side the 'back' door.

I would say that for Beeville, Texas it is a little over priced. Very friendly lady at the desk on the late night shift (much more than the people at the other hotels we stopped at in Beeville).

If I had to stay in Beeville, texas again (I hope I NEVER have to) I would stay at the Best Western again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jody S, Manager at Texan Inn, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Local O,

I would like to thank you on the behalf of the entire team here at Best Western Texan! We very much appreciate everything you said about our hotel and the team that works here. I do hope that next time you are in town you come back and visit us!

Dallas, TX
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is a very nice Best Western. I had called to reserve a room in advance, so check in was fast and easy. The hotel is located on the east side of Beeville, near the major road into town, but is set back and very quiet. The main building has two stories and there is a single story addition across the back parking lot. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. My room was on the first floor and a bit unusual in that it had entrance doors from the interior hallway, as well as a back door leading to a parking lot next to the rooms. I had some concern about safety, but the door had double locks and the parking lot was open, well lighted, and well-maintained. My room was large, nicely decorated, and contained a king bed, nice reading chair w/ lamp, a nice work desk, large flat screen TV, microwave and small frig. The bathroom was also large and very clean. The bed was very comfortable and I had a great nights rest. Internet is free and fast. The breakfast area is large and watched over by a friendly kitchen manager. Breakfast included a wide variety of items. I had only two complaints - the price for my single King room was nearly $130, which seems the norm for nice hotels in Beeville, and the noisy hall doors. If felt or rubber pads were attached to the door frames, the sound of doors closing would be reduced by half. I enjoyed my stay at the Texan Inn and will stay again when I return to Beeville.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Jody S, Manager at Texan Inn, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Texasrepublichistory,

I would like to thank you so very much for your most gracious words. We strive everyday to make this hotel a home away from home for our guests. I understand your frustrations on the rate. I can say with confidence that we do try to stay a bit lower in rate compared to the surrounding hotels. I do however have great confidence that our service and hospitality can make up for the rate. I will take in to account about the doors being noisy and see what can be done.

We look forward to seeing you next time you are in town.

El Dorado, Arkansas
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The room had everything we needed. The room and bathroom were neat and clean, and the beds were comfortable. The location is so convenient. When we come in on Hwy.59 it is our first stop in Beeville. The staff is always friendly and helpful. We love having the full breakfast to get our day started. We always stay here when visiting in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jody S, General Manager at Texan Inn, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Linda T,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to say such kind words about our team, hotel, and your stay. You are very much appreciated! We work hard to be sure that each and every person who stays with us feel comfortable and as close to home as possible. We can't wait to see you during your next stay!

Livingston, Texas
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The staff at this hotel are friendly and helpful. Their beds are wonderful. Their pool is kind of small but it is clean and hardly anyone swims in it so you will usually be swimming by yourself. They have a picnic area with benches and grill beside the pool area.

Room Tip: We always stay in the jacuzzi room! They only have 2 so if you want one you should reserve ahead of...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jody S, General Manager at Texan Inn, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
I would like to, "Thank You!"
I am pleased to hear that you enjoy your stays with us. We all hope you continue to stay with us when you are in town. Our entire team appreciates when we get such great praise. See you again soon!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stay here at least once a year during hunting season with a large group and it is always clean and comfortable. The complementary breakfast is supposed to last until 9:30 AM and both days, it was completely depleted for the last 30 minute rush. I might recommend that they prepare for those late-comers (and there were many!), especially on the weekends. Also, some in our group were asked to "sign for" additional towels... really? I know there are a lot of oil field workers staying in the region, but has towel theft been a major issue?

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so ask for a room on the ground floor if mobility is an issue.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Jody S, Manager at Texan Inn, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Hello.
Thank you for taking the time to express you thoughts and feelings towards our hotel and your stay. I am glad that you enjoy your stays with us. I am, however, sorry that some of your group had to sign for towels. That is not how the process is to work. Our front desk team does write down when and who we give towels to because we have had so much of our linen disappear. It's just our way of keeping track but you as a guest should never have to sign for them. I have also spoken to my breakfast team. They will be sure to keep up with the breakfast rush!!
We hope to see you all next time you are in the area.

Alice, Texas
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed here in Beeville cause i was attending a youth service and also had a free night voucher, so this made it rather convenient. The room i got, had two queen beds, along with a fridge, microwave, coffee maker and a 32" TV. Bed was very comfortable,good pillows, the clock radio next to me had this "snooze light" that was yellow and had to cover at night and dont really knew how to turn off. Also at night the hallway lights kinda shined through the bottom part of the door. Everything in room was upn check-in very clean,one exception was the shower head had a lot of hard water deposits, well this is Texas, we have hard water everyhere. Staff was exceptionally friendly. Lobby was decorated with a good texan theme. Hotel also had a pool and excercise room. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: As always get a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Jody S, Manager at Texan Inn, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Hello.

I would like to say, "Thank you."
I appreciate when our guests take the time to tell us the positive and negative thoughts they have about their stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit. I will take into consideration the situation with the lights.. I hope you decided to stay with us next time you are in town!

General Manger