“JUST HORRIBLE!!!”

Texan Inn
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Beeville
“JUST HORRIBLE!!!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I will never stay here again! They don't clean the rooms! We found a USED CONDOM and was never cleaned up when I called the lady downstairs. Terribly RUDE here! We had our daughters with us and what if they would have found that!? The manager did nothing about it. When I contacted her, she argued with me. We stayed for a week and never offered to change rooms... NOTHING!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Mrs. Perez,
First, I can assure you that we most definitely do clean our rooms. I am sorry that you are still so angry about this. When I called and spoke with your husband I was under the assumption that we had cleared everything up. I then received a reply email from you, offered you a discount for another stay and tried to clear things up. If you feel that I was arguing with you that is not at all what I was trying to do. I was only doing what I could to try and make things right. I take great pride in this hotel and we do everything we can to provide the best accommodations and the most pleasant stay to all of our guests. As I offered many times before, you may call me a speak with me directly at anytime 361-358-9999.
I hope you have a wonderful day!

Jody Sexton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed June 17, 2012

If you're traveling through South Texas to the Texas Coast and need to stay overnight, I highly recommend this hotel. It is super clean, beautifully appointed in the Texan-style, quiet, and has great coffee. It also serves a free hot breakfast, but the rooms where so quiet and comfortable that we slept through that. Weekends are your best bet for getting a room right now as the week nights are booked due to the oil boom in the area.

A bonus is that there is a wonderful English Pub downtown and a fabulous art museum in the historic district. Beautiful!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SMFWS
Jody S, Manager at Texan Inn, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
I would like to say, thank you for such kind words. I am very proud of my team! This hotel could not operate without guests like you and team members like I have. We all appreciate the feedback that is given from you, our guest. Please keep us in mind the next time you come around. We would love to have you!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I am in the oil and gas industry and handle corporate sales. I have been staying at the Best Western in Beeville since it opened. Over the past year, I had stayed there 16 weekends and 20 workdays. My room was never cleaned when needed and if I needed it done it was like getting teeth pulled to get someone in there who would clean it. I started staying at the Holiday Inn Express but the service is just as POOR!!!. What ever happened to customer service or even better yet..take pride in yourself and the company you work for!

Room Tip: I think Corpus Christi is everyones best bet. Its just 50 min SOuth of Beeville with much better ho...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Jody S, Manager at Texan Inn, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
I just wanted to say, that while I am disappointed in the experience you had during your stay with us, I also thank you for saying so. I can tell you that things have changed quite a bit here. For one, I am the new General Manager and I do not stand for poor customer service. As our guest you should feel as though you are at your very own home. I do talk with my team on a regular basis on how we can change things to improve the experience of our guests. I have seen a huge improvement and know that we will all only get better as time passes. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to show you the improvements we have made.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I had to go to the front desk every evening to get clean towels to bath with. They never vacuumed the carpet for 4 days. The carpet was filthy and so was the sheets and comforter. When the maid did come by, all she did was spray a disenfectant on the carpet. I was so allergic from the filthy bedspread, I could not get any sleep. At 2:00am in the morning had to drive to Walmart and buy some benadryl to stop the allergic reaction to what the maid had sprayed all over the bedspread. Also, the owner was selling jewerly in the lobby, so everytime you go out the front door you get stopped by some sales woman.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this motel!!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Spouse and I stayed here one night while driving between Rockport-San Antonio. I am surprised that this is the first review of the place since April 2010 – did no Trip Advisor reviewer stay here in the rest of 2010 & 2011??? The motel was (is) very clean from the lobby to our room to the breakfast room and the staff was very cordial and helpful. The guest room we stayed (Room 203) was very large for this grade of hotel, and nicely furnished. Everything worked perfectly- including wireless internet and we would have been very positive on this place until I was awakened at 6 am by noise from the shower in the adjacent room. At first I thought my wife was taking a shower in our room – but no it was from the room next door. I sounded like it was right behind my head-board. There must have been more than 1 person in the adjacent room – because I heard the shower noise 3 different times – I never went back to sleep. The breakfast buffet was quite good – scrambled eggs, sausage, and potatoes plus the usual breads, cereals and fresh fruit. If it were not for the rude awakening due to the next door shower - I would rate this motel higher than a three. But, it is what it is!

Room Tip: Do not stay in Room 203 if you do not want noise!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank scscientist
beeville
Reviewed April 26, 2010

The staff was nice, breakfast very good, room nice and clean. However, the business traveller who said something is always broken was right on. Our TV did not work at all, and in the morning, the toilet stopped up. We've stayed here before, when it was brand new. Apparently maintenance isn't a priority.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beeville10
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 12, 2010

I stayed here after I got banned from the Holiday Inn next door. (See my other review).
It is older than the Holiday Inn, but I much prefer it. The lobby is much nicer, the breakfast room is nicely furnished, but the staff is just fantastic.
The staff, and guests, are genuinely nice folks. There are a number of folks who do oil and gas work that stay there on a long term basis, and they sort of make a little welcoming family. Someone is always happy to chat, and occasionally you will find them grilling out the back on the barbeque by the pool. Genuinely friendly Texans, just like you read about.
Breakfast is good... scrambled eggs with sausage or bacon mixed in, fresh biscuits, etc. Beds are nice. Only complaint I've ever had was that the carpet was kind of old in one of the rooms I was in and could have used a steam cleaning. More and better TV channels than are available at the Holiday Inn.
They undercut the Holiday Inn on price, but it doesn't show. The rooms are nice, the lobby is great, and the internet never crashed on me. Tuesday night they buy pizzas and the guests are all welcome to come down to the breakfast room and eat for free, (you can even grab a free beer or soda from the ice chest).
Best of all the staff is genuinely friendly. They asked after my kids, and were just nice folks. That counts for a lot when you are on the road a lot. I've seen guests with small dogs on occasion, so that's not problem. They also have a few rooms with outside doors so if you want to you can back right up to your room and you don't have to carry your luggage all around. I think they still have a few smoking rooms too.
Last note, if you are lucky enough to stay here when the wildflowers are out, you will be treated to a HUGE field of them next door to the hotel. It's like walking into a Monet painting.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business