Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Beeville
Esquire Inn(Beeville)
All reviewsbreakfast roomfresh fruitburgercabledryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

When you first walk in the lovely smell of the hotel invites you in. The Lobby is beautiful, the front desk people where happy to see me. Nice little pool in the back, full gym, big room where the breakfast is served. A full hot breakfast that is.. The room was very clean, the bathroom was big. I would have to say that the only negative would be the price. It's a bit expensive but due to the oilfield boom , it's not uncommon.

It's lovely to walk in the hotel and not get slapped with a curry smell, mold, smoke, or any of those unpleasant smells that are common in small town motels

• Stayed: August 2012
BeevillesTopHotel, Front Desk Representative at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Beeville, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Hello, VickiAcklam, and Thank You for providing us with an excellent review. We are pleased to hear that our front desk staff was able to provide you with restaurant choices as well as ensuring that all of your needs were met while staying with us. We would like to offer our condolences and hope that we have the opportunity to service you again.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I have been staying in Beeville Texas for the past 12 years. I have stayed at Holiday Inn Express numerous times in other cities. This place is a racket. The cost was outrageous at 159.00 / night and I am a frequent visitor of these hotels. I wanted to talk to the manager but they were not available as usual. The rooms are very nice and comfortable but staff is less than helpful. They act like they are there to get a pay check then leave. No personal service to speak of. This was my 6th stay at the hotel and my last!. I will commute from Corpus Christi on future visits to the area!!

Room Tip: Get a room poolside. Ground floor preferribly. The front faces the highway!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

Dear salezmun66,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our rooms.

However, it sounds like we fell below your expectations regarding our staff service. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 4, 2012

I like Holiday Inn-Express and have stayed in several different locations. By their standards, this one was average. The breakfast was not as tasty as I've had before. Our room was in the front part of the hotel so the highway was noisy at times. Try to get a room at the back side; it seemed much more peaceful. Service by staff was good.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side away from the highway are more quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2012

It was a very nice hotel the rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfy. When we checked in we were greeted by the manager Hema Gandhi and she was very nice to us when we finished checking in she gave us a goodie bag. They even serve cookies with coffee in the afternoons. Overall we had a very nice stay if I were rank this hotel on a scale of 1 to 10 i would give it an 11!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
BeevillesTopHotel, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Beeville, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. We really appreciate the feedback. We are pleased to know that your stay with us was wonderful. We hope to see you soon.

Hema Gandhi

GM

Reviewed January 17, 2012

I am a business traveler and booked a room at this hotel. During this week i stayed the majority of the stay was acceptable except for the noise in the suite above me and that I had to call 3 times to the front desk to ask that it be addressed. I had previously booked a room for the following week, On monday the day i was due to arrive my flight was cancelled and i was unable to make the reservation. I called the hotel before 10am that morning and explained the situation but was told that because it was less than 24 hours that i would be charged. I asked that since i was a gold priority club member and that this situation was out of my control if I would be waived the cancelation fee, however that was denied. I asked to speak to the General Manager, Hema Ghandi and she was not in and could be reached the following day. The following day i looked at my credit card statement and found that i was charged for the one night stay as well as the entire weekly rate. I called the office and asked if i could get an explination of the charges and i was told that it was charged due to me not making the reservation. I asked to speak with the GM and was told that she was not in. I called the priority club number at holiday inn express and filed a complaint about the situation but was told that they could only log the complaint not actually do anything about it.
After trying to reach the GM a third time i finally got through to her. I explained the situation and she told me that she could not reverse the charge, it had to be done at the corportate level, which i was told by corporate that it could only be done on the hotel level.
When i gave her the complaint number from the corporate level she expressed that complaint would do me no good since the corporate office didn't have any control over her hotel.
I am completely appauled at the customer service that is demonstrated on the staff level but more so at the manager customer service. From these reviews on trip advisor and her knowledge of how the complaints work at the corporate level I would guess that she has received many complaints. Do not be fooled by the fact that it is a small town and there are few hotels. Best western and soon La Quinta will be open as well as small "off chain" hotels are usually available. If you have a choice, I would choose NOT to stay here.

And lastly, they are over charging for what they provide. Usually HIE runs $99-140 for a room in a very remote location as Beevile. But their going rate is $189. I don't even pay for my hotel stays but it is not worth the money and if you for some reason can't make your trip; don't expect a refund.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business