“Housekeeper made my day!!”

Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport West/Bedford
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Bedford
Houston, Texas
“Housekeeper made my day!!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

The hotel was outdated just ok nothing fancy and no complimentary breakfast :( but the best thing about this hotel was our housekeeper Yesenia. She was very polite and very helpful but the one thing that stood out was her encouraging words for my son. She would leave notes to pump him up on his baseball games example, "good luck, hit a home run." My son couldn't wait for us to get back to the hotel just to read her notes lol. She was phenomenal!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa G
Janet F, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport West/Bedford, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Lisa,

Thank you so much for sharing your great experiences with TripAdvisors! I am so glad one of our staff could have such a positive impact on your stay.

Janet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Rutherford, New Jersey
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Here's the good: hotel staff was very friendly, the gym in the hotel was terrible but they told me I could go to 24 hour fitness and get a free 3 day pass, which I was thrilled about-the gym is a 5 minute walk from the hotel, the thermostat in my room actually worked and kept my room nice and cold in July (I always seem to wake up sweating in hotel rooms and often feel like I can never get the room colder than 68 degrees) and it's close to the airport, the highway and tons of shopping.

The bad: The pool outside is small and rather outdated. I wish they had a whirlpool, they didn't. Breakfast was not included. Hotel did not have a bar or restaurant. Room itself was eh. Lobby could use some updating too. Not my favorite Marriott hotel...

1 Thank ShannonW3
Janet F, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport West/Bedford, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Shannon,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you experienced great service! We do agree our hotel is in need of a face lift and one is coming as we speak. We are redoing our rooms to a brand new modern design called CYnergy and our lobby will soon be featuring the Courtyard Bistro concept which will include bar service every evening. I do hope you come back once complete in early September and see all brand new hotel!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed July 6, 2014

For a business traveler, a more than adequate hotel featuring an extraordinary staff at terrific rates.

The property is well located for business stays when visiting clients in the DFW metroplex. Bedford, Hurst, Euless, east Fort Worth.

The staff is indeed exceptional. I watch each and every day as they strive to make each guest feel as important and welcome as they have made me feel. It is a delight to be known by name to the entire staff.

Rooms are clean and properly equipped. With an upcoming renovation this property will become a real gem in the DFW metroplex area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the courtyard provide a homey feel. Rooms on the east and west side provide quiet time a b...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mr_Classen
La Mesa, California
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I stayed here on a business trip. The room was clean and quiet, the breakfast was great and the staff is all very friendly and helpful. It's very conveniently located with may restaurants nearby. Great place to stay if you are in the DFW area!

Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I received a nice personal invitation for breakfast from Director of sales Beryl Alexander.
This was really a pleasant surprise after a trying few days of flying.
I was greeted at the breakfast table by other members of my crew and beryl came by and wished us a happy Fourth of July.
Thank youBeryl Alexander,for such a nice gesture and for making a holiday away from home feel like a bit of home.

Renan Hall

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Beryl I assume was the manager. Extremely friendly, kind, and helpful!!! This hotel was very clean that was the best part! The rooms were so comfortable. Very quiet and great breakfast! I loved the workout room with so much you could do! Very spacious and so many things to do in the area!

• Stayed June 2014
Bedford, Texas
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We checked out Tues June 17 after a five day stay here. Staff were all very nice and helpful. The breakfasts are delicious and Yolanda and Pam are wonderful! Convenient to DFW and many nearby restaurants. Public areas are nicely furnished and decorated. Good WIFI everywhere plus an office center with two computers and printer. Limited exercise room, but OK. CONS: Now for the bad: It was so difficult to sleep in Room 220 because of an old and noisy air conditioner that could not get the room below 67 at night. So after the second night, we asked to be moved and ended up in Room 212 where the air conditioner was less noisy but could not get the room below 66 all night. Mattresses were well worn in both and of the foam type, causing body heat to build after a few hours if the room temperature is too high. Air conditioning during the day was not a problem. The director of sales, a nice lady, said a major renovation is planned for this summer but she was not sure if it would involve upgrading the room air conditioners. Also, there is NO air conditioning in the halls, so it can be very uncomfortable walking down a hallway given the high heat and humidity of Dallas. She introduced me to the maintenance manager who blamed room air conditioner problems on guests turning them down too low, causing them to freeze up. Hello? This was the first time we EVER had this problem in ANY hotel and it was in BOTH rooms. Absent the good things I've mentioned above, this air conditioner problem was bad enough to justify one star. Director of Sales would talk with guests at breakfast. That's OK but not in such a loud and self serving voice because it was annoying to hear her urging guests to go to Trip Advisor and complete a positive review, saying employee bonuses depended on it. Shame on Marriott if they deprive hard working employees like Pam and Yolanda of their bonuses for things beyond their control! Minor issue was some missing baseboard tiles in the bathroom of Rm 212 but nice clean tub-shower with plenty of hot water. My suggestion: focus your renovation resources on the guest rooms as they are showing some deferred maintenance and have a tired look. The public rooms are fine.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel in the summer unless you like sleeping in a warm room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Janet F, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport West/Bedford, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear GCROO:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate you letting us know about your experiences. I am so glad there are some positives that you experienced and we are working hard to address the concerns you had about our Air Conditioning units and ventillation in the hallway. We will be undergoing a major reconstruction starting in a few weeks in which we will be replacing among many other things all our mattresses. I wanted to apologize that you felt our Director of Sales was speaking loudly, she does have a hearing disability that occasionally causes her to talk louder than a normal conversation and she defintely feels badly you were annoyed by her socializing with guests at breakfast. We do try to encourage guests who had great experiences to share their stories on TripAdvisor and we do recognize associates who are mentioned but by no means do we give bonuses based on a Trip Advisor review, we truly want future guests to know our great customer service! Thank you again for your time. We hope to see you again should your travels include a trip to the DFW area.

Kind Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
TownePlace Suites Dallas Bedford
La Quinta Inn & Suites DFW Airport West - Bedford
Homewood Suites Ft. Worth/Bedford
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Bedford
Holiday Inn Dallas DFW Airport Area West
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-DFW ARPT W-SH 183 Hurst

Been to Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport West/Bedford? Share your experiences!