“Worst Almost Dining Experience Ever!!!!”

Thai Jasmine Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 112 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Bedford, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst Almost Dining Experience Ever!!!!”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Well where do I start. My husband and I are by no means food snobs. We are pretty easy going and pretty easy to please on most occasions. Well this day was an exception. We decided to ue a groupon that we had purchased and try this place out. We went in about 3 in the afternoon upon arrival there were 2 employees having a conversation and prettty much ignoring my husband and I for a good couple of minutes. So no greeting at all! Then a waitress happened up on us and asked if we were picking something up and I said no we would be dining in. She said we could sit where we liked so we decided to sit on the patio. We sat down and a few minutes later she walks out with a tray with 2 glasses of water. She then proceeds to dump one glass all over the table and onto to my husband. We felt bad for her (at first) so she leaves to get a "rag". She comes back in no hurry at all to bring us menus and 2 plates with no "rag" in hand. She says "oh I forgot the rag". Really!!! How can you forget that you just dumped water all over the table. She then hands us the menus and places the plates on the table, as she is placing the second plate she realizes that it is dirty and snatches it back. At this point I really am thinking that I'm on Punkd or something, this was crazy. She leaves AGAIN to get a "rag" and brings us back a clean plate. So she comes back a few minutes later to say that there are no rags and proceeds to just leave the table the way it was!!! Completely soaked, so at that point we had had enough and decided to cash in our Groupon and get our food to go hoping that the food was way better than the service. The food was better than the service but by far not good enough to ever get our business again. So diners beware this place is crazy!! It was even crazier after I expressed our frustration with the server about how horrible our experience was. She just looked at me like I was crazy and blamed it on me that she left the water all over the table. "You said it was ok" No sweetheart I was trying to make you feel better for being such a clutz! I still wanted you to clean it up, that's a no brainer. I guess that's what I got a complete no brainer!! Lol After talking it over with my husband we both concluded that this was actually THE WORST dining experience we've ever had and we've been married 17 years and have dined out a lot!!! Don't waste your money people try another Thai restaurant in the area, Believe me!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank mmwb717
hbraden3, Owner at Thai Jasmine Restaurant, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Our sincerest apologies for your experience. We always strive to exceed our customers expectations. We have recently made many changes and hope that next time you are craving Thai food you will pay us another visit. Thank you

Austin, Texas
“Tasty and customizable”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Driving to Grapevine from Austin, we called Thai Jasmine to place a pick-up order after searching on our phones for Thai food on our route. Having not seen their menu we called and inquired about a number of our favorite Thai dishes. The lady on the phone was helpful and they seemed to have each thing we wanted and more. I love being able to choose your own 'meat' (tofu in our case) and level of spiciness. In general, they seemed to have many dishes you could order in a number of ways, satisfying everyone's individual tastes. The dish we picked up (Pad Kee Mow) was more oily than I am used to having. However, the flavor was great and the ingredients were delicious and seemingly fresh. The egg rolls were pretty standard but tasted good as well. For one dish plus egg rolls we paid $14. If we come through Bedford again I would be happy to stop here for a great meal and try some of their curry.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank jennifromtheblock
Grapevine, Texas
“All Around Good Value”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

The food and service are very good. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for authentic Thai food.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Fat_Boy_lim
Fort Worth, Texas
“Very good Thai food”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I got the pad Thai and Thai rice soup. Very good! This is one of my wife's favorite places to eat.

Dallas, Texas, United States
“This is our new neighborhood Thai restaurant- and for good reason.”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We've discovered Thai Jasmine only recently, and we just finished our second dinner there last night. Wonderful on both visits. We're fortunate to be able to dine out, and eat anywhere we like, and DFW is a haven for options, but there's always been one element missing: good Thai cooking. We were big fans of Thai Tango in Flower Mound for years, but that's too far for when the urge hits. This place is the perfect substitute, with better prices and far better attention to the meal. Sure, the decor is casual, the layout a little unusual, but it's absolutely pristine. And I can say that I've never had the owner/chef come out and ask me how I want my meal prepared. I spend money to eat food I can't make at home, and if I want atmosphere I go to the French Room. But for the best brown noodles, whole snapper, and basil fried rice outside of Vancouver, this is it! It's close enough for quick carry out whenever we get the urge. Thanks for being there!

• Visited January 2012

Been to Thai Jasmine Restaurant? Share your experiences!