“Excellent food”

On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina
Ranked #25 of 110 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bedford, Texas
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

They have great food and are blocked by the highway most of the time. But they are a must visit for anyone who wants good mexican food at an affordable price. They give you a survey at the bottom of your reciept to get a free cup of queso. Atmosphere and look provide you with a comfortable dining experience. They also have a brunch menu that is really good and most people don't know about it!

• Visited August 2014

Odessa, Florida
“Margaritas!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

Went for happy hour and were waited on by Kristen. We ordered two margaritas one mango and one regular. They were very good and reasonably priced. I tried the carnita taco because it was billed as having Hatch chiles in it. I could not taste the chiles or the pork, so for me it was a bust at the three dollar price. Not inedible, just lacking. I still love this place and wish we had one in the Tampa Bay Area.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Slycougar
DFW,TX
“Not a Fan”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Being from Texas I don't care for chain Mexican food restaurants so my review is biased. It's amazing all of the great Mexican food spots that people will drive by to eat here but, to each their own.
I've never gotten very good service here, it's almost like we are being a burden to have even stopped in. The service isn't really the big issue though, it's just that their food seems pre-prepared and shipped to each location in a box.
The atmosphere here isn't great either, being a chain it just feels too institutional for my preference. I guess I'm spoiled with all of the awesome choices we have here but, I will never choose this place over any other Mexican food.

• Visited August 2013
Bedford, Texas, United States
“GOOD FOOD BUT....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Great food for the price and great atmosphere. Lot's of fun. Service is usually good in the main restaurant but lousy in the bar area.. Every time we ate in the bar to watch a game, service was a joke so we don't eat in there any more. Our last visit, we went 30 minutes without our waitress even looking at us. When we finally flagged down someone, our waitress was sent over and she had the nerve to get snippy with us and told us she was very busy. Wow! Otherwise, great value.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Jerry D
SocialOTB, Public Relations Manager at On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Jerry, Thank you for letting us know about your visit! Your feedback helps us improve operations. It’s great to hear that you feel OTB has great food for the price & great atmosphere. We apologize that the service in the bar area was not up to our standards during your visit. It is always our goal to provide great food & service. Please reach out to our Guest Relations Manager so that we can make things right. http://www.ontheborder.com/contact-us.aspx Thank you!
Euless, Texas
“Great Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

My favorite item is the Brisket Taco's. The lunch portion at dinner totally rocks! The staff at this location is very friendly and accommodating! We are regulars and the staff recognizes us and come up to say hello and give us hugs! Great job!

• Visited March 2014